• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I seem to have lost my fur!!!!

I'm very glad he managed the last leg of his journey :) hopefully a lot quicker than the first part!

He seemed very inquisitive and friendly having a nosey round our kitchen!

I hope bonding goes well, would love to see some pictures :D

Ok, so here we go! Bonding is well underway and going better than I could have hoped for. This is my beauty Jess who, let's face it, doesn't look anything like her 9 years. She is a real diva and is nicknamed "The Princess"!
Animals5.jpg

Animals4.jpg

And here's Cedric (or Ceders, as I now call him!) happily chillin' after his long journey from Rugby.

Animals29.jpg

And we went from this in my garage the week before Christmas, some fur pulling and nipping and generally trying then to ignore each other!!:)

londonAngelsey2011281.jpg

To this on Christmas eve, when I came downstairs to my kitchen to find The Princess grooming her man!!

londonAngelsey2011285.jpg

So the final leg of the journey was to see if Jess would take to Cedric in her hutch - very nerve racking time.:? But hey they've done it:D. I wouldn't say it's yet true love :love: and Jess is deffo in charge :lol:but there's no fighting and there IS grooming and feeding together and my set up is big enough for them to each have their own space. Shame though that Cedric has still forgotten how to use a litter tray and so Jess' once perfectly clean shed is now not so clean and tidy:roll: He is however a wonderful boy, full of so much character and is the quickest rabbit I have ever known to get out of his shed in to the buns' garden area! Thank you so much to Tracy at Rugby rescue for letting me take him. :thumb:

londonAngelsey2011338-1.jpg

And whilst I'm here and have finally learned how to post photos :oops: I thought you might like to see their set up. It's not looking it's best at the moment as we made some additions just before Xmas and had to dig up the grass that we had sown over the summer. The current wet weather also isn't helping. My xmas present from my OH, apart from Cedric, was a fab shed/play house for my frenchie, Maize. This is the buns free range area all separate from my garden (altho' they use that as well!!). Maize has the playhouse, Jess and Cedric have the double shed to the left and the chicken coop was empty until yesterday. Cedric is no longer the new kid on the block as I rescued another gorgeous lop called Einstein who is destined to become Maize's husbun. My OH has plans to plant meadow grass and make a 24/7 enclosed run from the chicken coop in the Spring. He's as mad as me over our buns to the extent that beneath Jess and Cedric's shed is an underground run going in one side and out the other, all built by him!!
londonAngelsey2011341-1.jpg

londonAngelsey2011340-1.jpg

And here's my frenchie Maize looking very serene

Animals8.jpg

and very cheeky!

Animals57.jpg

So all is going well and our bunny haven is now full! And the best thing of all .......... I am luvvin' it!!x

Oh its so lovely to hear news about how Cedric is doing and I am really glad the bonding has gone well!! They look very cute together! :love::love: I am glad Cedric is happy in his new home :D

Oh my goodness, I shaved him when he first came in to Tracy's, he is such a darling, I am so pleased to see him in his forever home with a lovely wifey bun

Well done:thumb:

Wow a transformation Cedric looks amazing now and definitely suits having a girlfriend I hope they fall head over heels in love very soon! Maize is a total stunner too and what a house! Your bun s are very lucky indeed!

Wow a transformation Cedric looks amazing now and definitely suits having a girlfriend I hope they fall head over heels in love very soon! Maize is a total stunner too and what a house! Your bun s are very lucky indeed!

Yes, Maize is gorgeous although when I rescued her in March I wished she was a "he" because the white streak on her forehead often looks like the scar on Harry Potter's forehead!!!! My children wouldn't let me re name her Harry as she's female :D

What a lovely home for a bunny who went through goodness knows what. Im glad all is going well.

I do love an RU happy ending! :love:

All your buns are stunning! Bonding vibes for Miss Maize and Einstein.

xx

I do love an RU happy ending! :love:

All your buns are stunning! Bonding vibes for Miss Maize and Einstein.

xx

Aw thank you. I think they're stunning too but I am biased!!!

Jess' sister who we lost in September was also an absolute stunner, RIP Tinkerbell, still missing you loads :(

Cedric has just spent 45 mins with me today having a good grooming session and then happily sat on my knee whilst I gassed to a friend on the phone. He is such a patient bunny.

Will post some pictures of Einstein and Maize when their (hopefully successful - crosses fingers!!) bonding happens. :)

Ok I thought this was the best place to post a funny bonding story about Maize and Einstein as the post ended on a note about vibes for their bonding.

I started to bond them mid January and followed all the usual advice about neutral venue in a 5ft pen, male in first etc etc etc. It resulted in some serious scrapping between Maize and Einstein, so bad that Einstein bit Maize's ear so hard that she squealed in pain. He just wouldn't let go :( I immediately separated them and was too worried to try again.

Then last week I decided to enlist the help of Kay from Bunnyhop rescue who had always said that she would help me if I had any problems. So the day was set, I was to take them over to Kay last Sunday and we'd have another go, bearing in mind that Kay had said not to be too hopeful as Einstein had already shown such aggression.

Saturday morning I let Maize out as usual in their "rabbit garden". Einstein was in his hutch.......or so I thought! I went back to check on Maize 45 mins later and what did I find......? Both rabbits looking at me from the other side of the gate, quite happily sitting next to each other :shock: When I investigated further I realised that I hadn't fully closed the lock on Einstein's hutch and he had got out. There had clearly been some fur pulling and a bit of scraping...but nothing more. No injuries, just 2 rabbits happily sat together in the garden!!! Not a neutral venue, both sheds wide open for each to investigate the other's territory and in an area as large as a small garden. Talk about rabbits themselves showing us humans how it SHOULD be done:D. Or maybe I have just been very lucky!

And how are they 4 days on...? As if they'd been together forever! On Kay's advice I didn't separate them Saturday night but put Einstein in Maize's hutch and watched them til 11.30pm! The next morning I was a little nervous going out to them but I didn't need to be. They were happily sat there grooming each other!:love:

A huge thank you to Kay for all her help and advice and I am chuffed to bits that I now have 2 bonded pairs, Jess with Cedric and Maize with Einstein. :thumb:

Exact same thing happened with Misty and Sweep when we first bonded them. Sweep was in a pen inside the run, with Misty in the run, went out to find he had managed to slide open the pen door and jump out :shock:.It's a big shock seeing them together isn't it :lol:

Bunny love :love:

Yes, really scary! I just stood there in shock and shouted for my husband to come and see!!! He reckons that Einstein knew he had to act fast as Kay had already made the suggestion that if the bond wasn't working she would be happy to try Maize with one of her buns and give Einstein a home........ not that a home with Kay would be a bad thing as she's a serious bunny lover!! Funny how things turn out!

Cedric is very poorly

I need some major vibes for Cedric. Came to let him out at lunch time as normal and he was hopping in a really strange way. At first I thought it was comical but soon realised it wasn't right and he wasn't himself. Immediately took him to the vet who has said either trauma to his spine/legs (no idea how as he was fine when he was put in his shed last night) or the dreaded E Cunniculi - how I hate that disease. He's gone down hill rapidly this afternoon and is now flat out in a comfy mound of straw in his hutch with Jess - but really not looking good:(. Vet has treated him with Panacur and anti inflamatories but I fear the worst.

Oh how I love and hate caring for rabbits! I live for the pleasure they give me but I hate them for so randomly and quickly falling ill and not recovering. I'm beating myself up about having done/not done something for him, the fact that I had him clipped only last wed by the vet under a mild sedation to help him through the summer with his long coat and it breaks my heart that only days ago he was binkying madly in my back garden, circling Jess to try and get her attention.:D

If anyone is in touch with Tracy from Rugby rabbit/guinea pig rescue, or if she sees this post, please ask her to send him some major vibes as I know she loved him just as much as I do.
x

Back