• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help!!! TEDDY!

I am sure I am not the only RUer who is sitting here sobbing with you Ali :cry: :cry:

((((((((((((((((LOTS OF HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

none of it was your fault, teddy'smummy. you are a great bunny mummy, you love your bunnies and you always do your best. whatever turns out to be the cause of teddy's sudden departure, he was ok when you went to bed and you can't be expected to get up every couple of hours to look at a seemingly-healthy rabbit! you are wise to get the PM but don't be too harsh on yourself. i'm so glad your dad has arrived.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about this Teddys mummy, I don't think it'd be a good idea to speculate what might have happened before you get a PM done.

There's been a fair few people that have lost buns to stasis/bloat recently but as Jane says there are others things which might have caused a sudden death too.

Try and have a cup of tea (with some sugar) and a lie down if you can.

I'm so sorry- what an awful shock for you :cry:

I hope the PM will put your mind at rest. You mustn't blame yourself.

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry. What a huge shock for you, and I still feel like my heart's been ripped out because of losing Squidgy.
I think it's the right thing to get a PM done and thinking of you.
xxxxxxxx

I am sure I am not the only RUer who is sitting here sobbing with you Ali :cry: :cry:

No i just cant stop the tears, i know how hideous it is when you lose such a special bun :cry: i really really feel for you Ali, wish there was something i could say to make you feel better.

Teddy had a wonderful life, he was so happy because he had you and the life of luxury, you couldnt have given him anymore, this is not your fault!!!

Im guessing the others have seen Teddy this morning? When i lost Saffy i put her in for a few hours with the others, they wouldnt leave her body :( it was heartbreaking but i think it helped them understand.

I think a pm is sensible but i know it must be hard for you.

Sending you a huge cyber hug sweetie xxxx

none of it was your fault, teddy'smummy. you are a great bunny mummy, you love your bunnies and you always do your best. whatever turns out to be the cause of teddy's sudden departure, he was ok when you went to bed and you can't be expected to get up every couple of hours to look at a seemingly-healthy rabbit! you are wise to get the PM but don't be too harsh on yourself. i so glad your dad has arrived.

Totally agree with this - of course it's not your fault, we all know that you would have been straight up the vets if you were concerned about Teddy.

More hugs xxx

I'm so sorry :cry::cry:

Please don't blame yourself as everyone else has said, rabbit's are fragile little creatures. You have been a wonderful bunny mum to Teddy and I'm sure he knew that x

Ruby's said her goodbyes. She's fine at the moment. Flopped out.

I got Oliver to say night night to Teddy, and told him that Teddy was going to have a long sleep. My dad has him now, so I can try to calm down.

I am sure I am not the only RUer who is sitting here sobbing with you Ali

No you aren't.

Ali I'm so so sorry. Teddy was one of my fave RU buns.

No you aren't.

Ali I'm so so sorry. Teddy was one of my fave RU buns.

He was my favourite bun.

I know I shouldn't have favourites, but he has always been there for me! He helped me through so much ****. I'd do anything for him.

He's a wonderbun!

Oh my god i am so so sorry for you :cry:
Please please dont blame yourself, even if it was bloat it wasnt your fault and theres nothing you could have done about it. Their bellies bloat up after death anyway so wait and see what the PM says. You need to put your unnecessary guilt aside and deal with your grief right now.
I know how crushing it is to lose a beloved, special bun. Right now it will seem like life will never be good again. But it will I promise, never quite in the same way, but you will smile again. And you will smile about Teddy, all the times he gave you comfort and made you laugh. But right now dont be afraid to cry and scream for him.
Im thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sweet dreams special boy Teddy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh hun i am so sorry. This is just so sad. I know what it means to lose your soul bunny, but at least i was prepared for it, and we fought for months, this must be such a shock.

I hope you will get some closure from the PM, and know there was nothing you could have done. Sending you a massive hug.

i am so sorry x

Oh, Teddy's Mummy, what a huge shock, you poor thing (((((more hugs))))). I couldn't believe the thread wen i saw it.

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:, please don't blame yourself, even in the short time I've been on RU it's wasy to see what a great bunny mummy you are and how much they meant to you.
Sleep tight Teddy, RIP
Tammy x

Back