• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help!!! TEDDY!

I can't believe it! I am literally :shock: can't even imagine how you must be feeling. What an awful awful shock. I really think you should get a PM done for you own piece of ming, I am 99.9% certain it was something quick an painless that couldn't have been prevented.

THIS...with more hysterics! I walked into the kitchen and Ruby was sitting there. I couldn't see Teddy. I walked to the back door (where there's a pile of washing) and saw him belly up. I thought he was asleep. So I said good morning, to wake him up! ...he didn't get up.

Ali I'm so sorry :cry:

Agree with the PM, atleast to put your mind at rest, honestly your a fantastic bunny mummy, don't blame yourself at all. Sometimes these things happen and there nothing we can or could of done unforunatly.

Big hugs
xxxxxx

oh dear. how very sad. he was a very big bun, wasn't he, and their hearts do give out suddenly, or so i was told. is there anyone who can come round and be with you? you are very badly shaken and need support!

Oh Ali, I'm so sorry, I really am. What an awful, awful thing to have happened.

But please don't blame yourself, you are a fantastic bunny mummy who cares very much and Teddy would have known that.

Thinking of you and Oli.

Oh no. I'm so sorry Ali :cry:

Please font blame yourself there was nothing you could have done. I agree with everyone else saying about a PM.

Im so sorry Ali,bunnies are such fragile little souls.The only way you are going to find out what happened to Teddy is have a pm done.Im so sorry for your loss,I know its a dreadful shock when something like this happens,big hugs to you sweetheart xxxxx

I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you :cry::cry::cry: I can't believe this has happened to your Teddy, it's so awful, so damned unfair.

I lost a bunny suddenly two years ago, 2pm she was begging for treats, I went back in the room at 4pm and tiptoed around not to wake her - it was a bit of a joke to start with then I realised she'd gone :cry::cry:

Please don't think it's anything you've done, as others have said it was probably a heart attack, possibly through genetics being a big bunster.

Ali sudden death is absolutely awful for us as carers.

Teddy was a giant Bun, Giants are prone to heart problems. They can literally just drop dead from a 'heart attack' :cry:

HOWEVER, given that you recently lost Bluebelle and you also have other Rabbits I would strongly advise you to get a PM done on Teddy. Also take your Remaining Buns for a check-up.

Aswell as a 'Heart Attack' there are numerous other possible causes of sudden death. These can include acute pneumonia, acute bloat, Coccidiosis and VHD amongst others.

To try to make sure that your recent absolutely tragic losses were not connected and to protect your remaining Buns contacting your Vet this morning is necessary. I know it'll be so hard for you as I am sure all you want to do is sit and cry and cry :cry: :cry:
But your remaining Buns need you

PM me if I can be of any help at all. If I were nearby I'd come straight over

:cry: :cry: :cry:

THIS...with more hysterics! I walked into the kitchen and Ruby was sitting there. I couldn't see Teddy. I walked to the back door (where there's a pile of washing) and saw him belly up. I thought he was asleep. So I said good morning, to wake him up! ...he didn't get up.

When I saw this my blood ran cold.:( I could cry for you - I dont know what to say - I dont know what to do - but blimey I am so very very sorry and all I can say is that you have been a brilliant BUnny Mummy and these things happen and time will heal eventually.

Let the tears fall - mourn for him - its got to be done.

I dont know what to say but my heart goes out to you so very very much.

Binky free Teddy - x x x x

Oh no, what a terrible, terrible thing to happen :cry::cry:. I'm so very, very sorry :cry::cry:

Is there anyone you could phone to come sit with you? You've had a terrible shock and need some support.

Hugs for you xx
________
Park Lane Jomtien Resort Condo

Last edited:
Oh sweetheart, what a horrible, awful shock for you - no wonder you're in pieces :( I do agree with Jane though, given recent circumstances I would try and be brave and get a PM done just in case it seems to be something that could affect any remaining animals.

The only other thing that occurs to me is that you have moved house recently - is there anything that could potentially be toxic? Are the skirtings stained in a certain way, or are there trees overhanging your garden, for example? I really hope it's nothing like this but it might be worth having a good look around for anything chewed just in case.

Big hugs xxx

OMG :( nooooooooooooooo i cant believe it..... im in shock, honey thats awful.... wish i could give you a hug, you poor thing :( Oh i dont know what to say.... When i saw the title i thought this has to be a joke... a pic of him sleeping.... What an awful time you are having

Rest in peace beautiful Teddy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dad just came over. I've almost calmed down enough to think properly.

As much as I can't stand it I'm going to get a pm done. Then I'm going to bury him in my dad's garden and put a tree over it. He loved my dad's garden.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs024.snc1/3100_186884195650_611210650_6584394_6517790_n.jpg[img]

I think his tummy's really big...but he's stiff.

If it was bloat then was it my fault?

I'm giving him a hug, and will take him to the vet when they open. I'm never going to get over this. Teddy was the most amazing bun. Last year I met all his brother's owners. Hayley (one of them) told me that he was the most relaxed bun she'd ever met, and that he was obviously special.

I can't get hold of Karen to let her know.

He was the perfect bun. He helped me through so much **** in my life.

My dad just came over. I've almost calmed down enough to think properly.

As much as I can't stand it I'm going to get a pm done. Then I'm going to bury him in my dad's garden and put a tree over it. He loved my dad's garden.
3100_186884195650_611210650_6584394_6517790_n.jpg

I think his tummy's really big...but he's stiff.

If it was bloat then was it my fault?

I'm giving him a hug, and will take him to the vet when they open. I'm never going to get over this. Teddy was the most amazing bun. Last year I met all his brother's owners. Hayley (one of them) told me that he was the most relaxed bun she'd ever met, and that he was obviously special.

I can't get hold of Karen to let her know.

He was the perfect bun. He helped me through so much **** in my life.

So sorry for your loss :cry:

I'm sure it wasn't your fault.

Back