• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Know Everyone Says Get A Rab From A Rescue

Is Any Of Your Rabs From A Pet Shop?

• Yes

Votes: 63 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 71 53.0%

• Total voters
Hoops is a pet shop bun but the other 5 are rescues. We didn't exactly intend to have another bunny ... in fact, we went to PAH to get an indoor hutch for our mini-lop Molly so that she could become a house-bun to see out her retirement. Ended up coming back with a baby Hoops! :shock: And then when Molly died about 8 weeks later I discovered RU!!! x

Dylan & Dandy - My first buns (pet shop)
Clover & Garnet (pet shop)
Henry (pet shop - he was going to be left over easter)
William and Hector (pet shop - this chav woman with 2 screaming kids was going to get them. i had to jump in)
Elsa (Adoption Centre)
Oscar (Neighbour)
Jasmine (Adoption Centre)
Bunty (Customer who asked me to take her)

Blue was an accidental bun from one of the girls at work.....She thought she had 2 girls.
Any other buns I get will be rescues.....I think Blue may soon be in search of a wife so fingers crossed

Tinkerbell was from Wyeveles, Sooty from a Pet shop, both before I became aware of rabbit rescues, though I certainly wouldn't change them for the world :D

My Simba was a rescue.

Milo was from pets at home.:oops:
Fizz was from my partners nan who was fostering her.
Roo was a free ad bun.
Sally was from fatfluffs.

my 1st bun was from a shop cos i didnt know anything about buns or RU or rescues. the 2nd 1 was also from a shop cos o/h saw him and fell in love and i justified it by saying that he was too young to be there and would take him (or her as we thought at the time) to be bonded with gumps and make sure he was looked after properly. our 3rd 1 is adopted though :p so im making progress. i would love to adopt more from rescues but dont feel i have enough time tbh please dont take that the wrong way i just think why take more in if it means that they will all get less 1 on 1 time and affection and attention. however, if i saw a bun mistreatred then i couldnt say no

As with teh majority of people, Gregory is from a garden centre as I didn't know any better then! Gretel is rescued from Fat Fluffs through this forum and I will never buy again!

Honey, Milo and Twinkle from rescues (although Twinkle didn't actually make it to Honeybunnys, failed foster)

Martha from a lady at work who couldn't keep her due to a change in circumstances

Parsley rescued from a young girl that was breeding rabbits via a forum member

Basil from preloved along with Herbie our guinea pig

Chester from P@H adoption centre

Lottie was from a pet shop, before i knew about bunny rescues, then i started fostering for Lucy and George was my first foster bunny who i went on to adopt :oops: Then... Ronnie was from a breeder, dont know what i was thinking :roll: now im waiting for a wifey for Ronnie, she will definately be a rescue bunny, waiting for the right one to come along :D

I love all my bunnies though and dont regret getting any of them from where i got them from xXx

Frank was somebody's unwanted Easter present for the grandkids and he and another bunny had spent most of their lives cooped up apart, fed about twice a week, water the same as it "made them pee to much" and rarely cleaned out. Then the person died and they were left in the back yard and nearly completely forgotten about. I wasn't looking for a rabbit. (other bunny now has a lovely home too)

Dulcie was adopted from a rescue.

The 3 I had when I was much younger were all from pet shops as it was my mum that bought them not me.

Last edited:
When i got Toffee from a petshop I was only 9 and NO idea about rescues.
Since then I have only got buns and guinea pigs from rescues. Ghostie was a private rescue bun and the two piggies were from a little local rescue :)

My Maddie is from a petshop. In the future, I would rehome though. It can be hard to get a rabbit from a rescue here, but there are usually some in the papers needing homes. :)

Baby (our first) - found running around the road at 1am in the morning
Bubba - a partner for Baby from a rescue
Homer - second partner for Baby when we lost Bubba - from Farm (looked just like Bubba, so could not leave him there - especially as he licked me) - I had only gone in for food for Baby.
Katy - partner for Homer after we lost Baby - from RSPCA

So that is 3 rescues and 1 bought from farm.

My first bunny Gabriel was from P@H
I got a second Bun also - Max from P@H but had to re-home him (Chloaster is his Mum now ;o)
Daisy was found by my mum in a pet shop in a market near her that was closing down - she was tiny and full of mites with an eye infection (thought she was piggy when my Mum bough her over :shock:) but Gabriel loved her
Nushka came from Chloaster - Fat Fluffs
Bungle came from RSPCA Barns Hill

Like everyone else I didn't know about rescue buns at first :oops:

Yes, one because she was aggresive and I didn't want the child eying her up to have her, one because she was very ill and she would have been disposed of if I hadn't had her and the final boy because he has teeth problems and was found wandering locally to me but I know which petshop he came from because I'd eyed him up a few months ago

Back