• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had to let Starfish go this morning

Was looking through some photos, this is my favourite.

StarfishGrass.JPG

What a beautiful photo!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Starfish you were stunning!

Ali,thank you for sharing the photo and all the ups and downs in Starfish's dear little life.

I will always treasure the lovely photographs that you sent to me. Thank you.

Last edited:
So very sorry to hear this Ali. It's obvious how much you loved and cared for little Starfish. Sending you big hugs xx

My heart goes out to you. It's never easy to lose a bunny friend and I think it's all the harder when you know how hard they fought to stay with you, and how much they have been through.

The first gift you gave was a wonderful chance at life for a bunny that deserved a break, and the last gift was one of a peaceful and dignified departure. To be commended.

Big hugs, I know how hard it is, when you've nursed a bun, as so do many others on RU. We feel your pain.

x

Ali I am really sorry to hear about Starfish. She was a really wonderful brave girl. You must be feeling heartbroken but you know when the time is right. Starfish had such a lovely life with you. xxx

I know for certain that the decision was made with Starfish's best interests at the forefront of your mind. Knowing when it is 'time' and allowing a peaceful and dignified passing is the final act of love we can give a Rabbit whom we have had the privilege to care for.

I am sorry that you have had to let Starfish go, but I am sure that it was the right thing to do. If it wasn't you and your Vet would not have made that choice.

Farewell for now Starfish xx

Hi there, I don't know you, but I'm very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you at this very sad time and sending you hugs. xxxx

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful bun. My Pheobe (a guinea pig) suddenly had loads of nasty feeling lumps, which the vet said she was 99.9% sure were cancerous and painful, and we had to have her pts. It was horrendous. I feel your pain, it is the worst thing, but you've done the best thing for Starfish, who is now binkying free. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry poor little Starfish has passed. Looked like a gorgeous bun, treasure the photos and the memories.

All the best and lots of love for the bridge little one xxxxxxx

I was so sad when you rang to tell me this news Ali:cry:
But thank you so much for giving this little bun a loving home, when you think where she was before we rescued her and that she may have spent her last few months there, then I'm sure you'll know she will be so thankful she was saved and then loved so much. Your feelings for her were so obvious in every one of your updates and I'm sure she will watch over you.
An iconic little rabbit who represented, by her name and previous care, why we rescues do what we do.
Binky free Starfish and big hugs to you and your family Ali xxxxxxxx

How sad :(

She was one truly loved little bunny. You were a great bunny mummy to her, allowing her to go to the bridge knowing what it was like to be loved.

Back