• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't want to do this any more/ Not good news post 147

Thanks sky-o.

Both my vet and the referral vet have said there is little chance of success which is why the added stress of the journey is something we are now having to consider. If there was a really good chance of a better outcome I would do it no questions asked.

My gut is telling me to leave him be and enjoy the time I have with him. But my heart is screaming do something and my head is saying what if we have missed something that the referral vet will pick up on ( but I think that is me desperately grasping at straws that don;t exsist :?)

My gut is telling me to leave him be and enjoy the time I have with him. But my heart is screaming do something and my head is saying what if we have missed something that the referral vet will pick up on ( but I think that is me desperately grasping at straws that don;t exsist :?)

I think you need to listen to your gut because that gives the right answer. Your heart is run by your emotional mind and driven by emotions. Your head is run by your logical mind, which provides logistics and rationale, but nothing more. The gut is a combination of the two and I think that's what you really feel is right for Elwood, but the emotional and logical parts are adding a lot of baggage to it.

I'm sorry I'm rubbish with advice Liz :oops:

But just wanted to say that I know you will make the right decision for Elwood, and you will have a lot of support on here whatever you need to do :)

Just wanted to give you a huge hug Liz and send you best wishes.

We've had to leave two of our shelter's bunnies with Frances Harcourt Brown overnight whilst we make the decision whether they should be pts or should come home for a while longer. One of them we expected the other has come as a terrible shock. I've not slept a wink, such a hideous decision to have to make. We are lucky in that most of our bunnies are healthy and can be re-homed without heartache. I can only begin to imagine how hard things must be for you guys.

Thinking of you. Just like us whatever decision you make will be the right one
xxx

They are all such a worry aren't they :( I hope Angie is OK, she is such a special bunny :love:

Yep, Angie was also at FHB yesterday for yet another dental, but she came home with us happy and safe and sound phew! We do love her she's adorable... and of course Super Timmy's twin :love:

sorry you didn't get better news...i was hoping for a miracle...elwood is such a special guy.
I know how you must feel but know you will do what is best for him and we are all here to help you through this. I just pray he can fight and stay with you for longer
hugs to you all xxx

Aw Liz, I'm so sorry it isn't better news.

What do the vets think- do they think there is any chance they might not have the full picture by not seeing them? Or do they think they have the full picture? I think I would probably be led by them in terms of what they think chances of finding another way are... but we're all, and every bun is different.

Let us know if you need anything. Thinking of you xx

Hi Liz hope you and Elwood are okay.

Its just occurred to me that we're seeing doing nothing as doing nothing when in fact doing nothing in this case is actually doing something - you are giving him dignity to enjoy his last days in greater comfort and less stress than would be the case if you took a chance on treatment.

Its the toughest but most important decision of all - the biggest judgment call and we all dread having to make it if truth be known. You are now having to decide on giving him peace and calm for the last of his days content with the people and bunnies he loves all around him.

Thats doing something positive for him.

Sometimes continuing to fight is the wrong thing - I've learnt this from first hand experience with humans not animals and boy does it hurt. The real difficulty is knowing when to stop fighting.

I'm sending you lots and lots of vibes and hugs for you both and of course Steve too.

Hi Liz hope you and Elwood are okay.

Its just occurred to me that we're seeing doing nothing as doing nothing when in fact doing nothing in this case is actually doing something - you are giving him dignity to enjoy his last days in greater comfort and less stress than would be the case if you took a chance on treatment.

Its the toughest but most important decision of all - the biggest judgment call and we all dread having to make it if truth be known. You are now having to decide on giving him peace and calm for the last of his days content with the people and bunnies he loves all around him.

Thats doing something positive for him.

Sometimes continuing to fight is the wrong thing - I've learnt this from first hand experience with humans not animals and boy does it hurt. The real difficulty is knowing when to stop fighting.

I'm sending you lots and lots of vibes and hugs for you both and of course Steve too.

Thank you

Elwood is a very happy bunny at the moment and has no idea he is the cause of so much worry and sleepless nights

I'm so sorry Liz that the news isn't better for Elwood :(

I really think that keeping him happy and as stress free as possible sounds like by far the best thing you can do for him. If all the stress of the travelling and undergoing a procedure were offset against a good chance of success then it would be different, but as this isn't the case then I'm sure that letting him relax at home in a loving environment with Eddie and the other bunnies is meeting his best interests.

Sending loads of vibes to you and Steve and wonderful Elwood :love: I hope he has many happy days and weeks left with you.

Hugs. x

Back