• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I could cry - stasis again U/P pooooooo

Brilliant! :D

Sounds like it was some persistent ileus related to last time. Hope she stays well from now on. I'd keep the meds going for a few days personally, if it were me. :)

I've been given enough for a few days this time, it was a nice vet that saw Honey on this occassion and he gave me the fibreplex and metacam without my asking. I'll keep the metacam in reserve as she doesn't seem to be in pain any more (has stopped doing the sore tummy stretches and lying down all the time).

I'll give her the zantac, metaclop and fibreplex until Wednesday though.

When I went back to give her the meds she was eating hay, once she'd had all her medicines she got supper with Roly. Although she went for the spring greens and kale first she took a little broccoli and carrot as well (before Roly got wise and scoffed it).:lol: You'd never know there had been anything wrong with today.

Brilliant! :D

Sounds like it was some persistent ileus related to last time. Hope she stays well from now on. I'd keep the meds going for a few days personally, if it were me. :)

:DShe's out in the garden just now and has been doing her normal stuff, no odd stretches or anything. Looks like we caught it just in time on this occassion.

I'm so pleased Honey got out of this one quickly. I so agree with you that awareness of factors which will cause problems, detecting the warning signs (if you get them) & treating early, usually averts full blown stasis.
I'm hoping that it will be plain sailing from now!

They're getting their new shed sorted out this weekend so hopefully that'll help.

I'm wondering if there's been a cat or a fox or something that's been hanging around at night that we've been unaware of and that's stressing them out. Nothing can get to them as the hutch is locked in the run but if there was something there they'd most certainly be able to see and smell it especially if the security light went on.:(

It had crossed my mind too Crunchie. The thing about buns is that WE know they are safe, but they don't. With Thumper it's the sound of predators, & their smell is incredibly acute. He was even scared in doors in the kitchen, because he could hear & smell cats/foxes outside the door.
It's why I favoured insulating the walls of the shed, as much for sound proofing as anything else, & having a warm bolt hole inside. They like a fairly tight fit for the entrance of a bolt hole.

Back