• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I cant believe im even related to her!! U/D now with pics xx

He is a stunning bunny & he is so lucky to have had a proper rabbit person to take him on in his time of need.
I am saddened by this idea that little kids & bunnies are a good combination.
I know there are quite a few RUers who have both bunnies & little kids & manage that combination well. But that scenario is different because its well managed by the parents & its generally the parents who wanted the rabbits to begin with rather than the other way around. These children are learning to respect & care for rabbits in a way that will stay with them for life (Oliver & Teddy come to mind as a lovely example). As opposed to thinking that pets are disposable items. Its this giving in by parents to their kids demands even though they themselves don't really want rabbits & ultimately know how it will play out & yet they still do it that is so sad & maddening.
How can we as a community who care about rabbit welfare get the message out!?! The age old question, it drives me mad!
Almost all the surrendered rabbits in the shelter I work in come from families who say either the kids are sick of the rabbits/show no interest after a couple of months or have been bitten or scratched by the bunny.
I have to say this is one of the most depressing aspects of the rabbit welfare work I'm involved in.
Sorry Shell1805 I had to have a rant - my 1st one on RU!!
Re sore hocks & Rex buns Jacks Jane has some top advice so if you do a quick search you'll find it. I got the impression from her that prevention is better than cure & its much easier if you can do all the right things when the bun is young which you will be able to with Dali.
Best wishes with him :)

He's absolutely beautiful!! Though I do have a big soft spot for Rexes! :lol::love:

Yep, prevention of sore hocks is definitely better than cure. There are loads of useful threads to be found here on RU. The advice that I was given was to ensure that any 'rest' spots are soft and that the main living areas have enough give for the feet to sink into the floor. I have used vet bedding topped with fleecy blankets throughout the bunny pen, which seems to work really well (so far anyway!). You will also need to make sure he stays at a good weight, and keep his nails trimmed short. Tubby bunnies with long nails will be more prone to problems.

He's so lucky to have found his way to a lovely home :D

wwwwwwoooooooooooowwww hes lush i had to go to my local p&h on sunday and it was very busy with people buying hamsters cages guineapigs rabbits ect i must say it tugged on my heart strings and made me wonder how long it would be before they are given away or just dumped :roll:

p.s well done you lol my sister wanted to get her kids a rabbit but i managed to put her off phew

Much to bella and jaspers disgust, i had a good examine of them all and he is def a he as he is just like jasper :) lol x

Back