• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch advice

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
I am looking for some advice, If I wanted a decent (but not overly expensive hutch and run combo where would be best? I have 2 chicken coops at the mo and a hutch and run but it seems the consensus (sp) is that these are not overly suitable and tbh I have had one coop for 6 months and it has been chewed to bits. I looked on the happy hutch website but I couldn't see any that were 6ft. Does anyone have any links please? I am looking to get 3 in total in the long run. I have 3 sets of buns they are:
Nethie and Dutch
Nethie and Dwarf Lop
Dutch, Lionhead cross, Giant cross (about 4kg so a small giant).
I can't have sheds or playhouses and the house is a HMO and has 4 other sets of tenants and we move too often :(

Can anyone help please? Also I need idea on weather proofing my current set ups. I was going to get corregated (sp) plastic to put round 3 edges of the runs and tarpaulin. Does anyone know of any outdoor suitable insulation?
Thank you for reading :)

They are 6x2x2 hutches and have 6x4x2 runs if that helps :)

Beat me too it :)

Would they be suitable? Even for a trio? I worry about head room and stading on there back legs to strech? I just always feel I could do better for my buns and over the 2 1/2 years (when I got my first bun) I have spend near on £1k (which i guess isn't a huge amount) on swapping and changing hutches. I always feel I could do more for them.

Beat me too it :)

Would they be suitable? Even for a trio? I worry about head room and stading on there back legs to strech? I just always feel I could do better for my buns and over the 2 1/2 years (when I got my first bun) I have spend near on £1k (which i guess isn't a huge amount) on swapping and changing hutches. I always feel I could do more for them.

I can't really comment i'm afraid :oops: as i only have 2 house bunnies, so dont know what i'd do for an outside bun.

Lots of others will come along and help, i'm sure :)

We have borught one of these expensive but really solid and our 3 loinheads are going in, and we are in progress in doing a run which we are still scratching our heads but doing a bit each night , we have had our nearly four year old and 7 year old inside it together.:roll:

www.forshamcottagearks.com .The really big hutch.
I think happyhutches will make one 6ft just email them someone might know

We have borught one of these expensive but really solid and our 3 loinheads are going in, and we are in progress in doing a run which we are still scratching our heads but doing a bit each night , we have had our nearly four year old and 7 year old inside it together.:roll:

www.forshamcottagearks.com .The really big hutch.
I think happyhutches will make one 6ft just email them someone might know

Thank you, I will take a look :)

Back