• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many members..

We have three sheds in our garden, one of which is empty. I don't see why my parents won't let me have it for the rabbits.:(

I have just the small padlocks on both hutch doors and the run, as we used to have a communal garden and I once caught the neighbours children opening the doors, they were just stroking them, but still, they are quite fast and could easy escape. Now I keep them on as the old lady next door is a nutter :roll: who thinks they arent properly looked after as they dont have vegetables all day long (I have explained they shouldnt have they should have hay and vegetables are supplementary), keeps trying to put iceberg lettuce in to them :roll:

I have just the small padlocks on both hutch doors and the run, as we used to have a communal garden and I once caught the neighbours children opening the doors, they were just stroking them, but still, they are quite fast and could easy escape. Now I keep them on as the old lady next door is a nutter :roll: who thinks they arent properly looked after as they dont have vegetables all day long (I have explained they shouldnt have they should have hay and vegetables are supplementary), keeps trying to put iceberg lettuce in to them :roll:

What a loonie:lol:

It was padlocked until it kept freezing shut and I couldn't get in most days in late december, so I took the padlock off and just haven't got round to replacing it yet.

i have padlocks on my hutches. i need to get some for the double one.

children on my street used to come onto the garden whilst i was out and open the hutches to hold the rabbits thinking it was ok so decided it was safer to padlock them so only i have access to them. its nightmare finding the right key tho as got 4 padlocks and each one has 3 keys lol. think i need some new ones

The door to their shed has a lock on it and it's locked every night after bed time.

We have two keys, just in case one goes missing.

i have padlocks on my hutches. i need to get some for the double one.

children on my street used to come onto the garden whilst i was out and open the hutches to hold the rabbits thinking it was ok so decided it was safer to padlock them so only i have access to them. its nightmare finding the right key tho as got 4 padlocks and each one has 3 keys lol. think i need some new ones

This is what I'm worried about, I'd have about 8 padlocks and 10000000000 keys:lol:

its nightmare finding the right key tho as got 4 padlocks and each one has 3 keys lol. think i need some new ones

I only use one padlock now but I used to have 3 or 4 - I got them from Wilkinsons and they all use the same key so no fumbling about for the right one. :lol::lol: Each padlock came with 2 keys, so it also means I have 7 spare keys to my one lock now. :lol:

Yes we do although for convenience we rarely lock them, which is a bit strange. I think it started when it was so cold outside, as they got very stiff. Think we will start locking them again now.

I don't have outdoor rabbits but I do have a lock on my duck pen. Mostly just in case of humans, but raccoons have fingers too :lol:

No , only because they are protected by a fence and also they have two catches on the doors. I would if i felt there was any danger here.

I have a lock with a key and padlock on my shed where my bunnies and guineas live (they live separate from eachother). I wouldn't be without one as it gives me peace of mind knowing they're safely locked in :)

What about combination locks? No need to worry about keys then.

We had padlocks when Mischa was outside. Was the first thing we did.

What about combination locks? No need to worry about keys then.

We had padlocks when Mischa was outside. Was the first thing we did.

Yeah I'd like them, but I'd have to buy about 8. I personally don't mind, I spend all my money on the bunnies anyway, but I'm just worried in case there's an emergency and I can't get them out in time. I think I'll offer to clean out the unused shed for free and then ask if I can have it:lol:

Back