• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybun tried digging platforms?

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
Like these?

51X5G2yW+vL._AC_.jpg

This one's by Small Pet Select, but I often see them in other stores, too. I was just wondering if bunnies would actually dig at this? It doesn't look like it would be very satisfying to use for digging? Has anyone got one of them for their buns? (None of the reviews actually mention the bunny having fun digging.)

Not quite sure how they could dig on that ? Think I'd be worried about paws or claws getting caught :(

Never seen these before but it instantly gives me nightmares of someone getting stuck in one. Don't think I'd let my buns use one unsupervised if at all.

I feel like mine would just want to chew on the rope anyway!

Yeah, I had thoughts of something getting stuck, too, Pets mum and Orenoko. It seems like such a strange toy, especially for digging, but I keep seeing it in online shops, which made me curious.

I'm pretty sure they would just chew the rope here, too. ;)

I just can't imagine many bunnies would use them. Eddys digging medium is carpet only & boo can't dig anymore so they'd be wasted on my buns

I used to give Frosty and Snowflake balls of newspaper in a litter tray to dig and they loved them! I did try my lovely belgian hares with compost in litter trays but it quickly became a toilet ...

I used to give Frosty and Snowflake balls of newspaper in a litter tray to dig and they loved them! I did try my lovely belgian hares with compost in litter trays but it quickly became a toilet ...
Balls of newspaper and compost sound like way more fun to dig in! :love: Although that's too bad the belgian hares ruined the fun by turning theirs into a toilet... ;)

In the bunnies room (where they let us sleep at night) i have a huge long tunnel box that for some reason I've filled with socks & similar things- - Eddy likes to evict the socks but as I can't
see in, I'm not sure if he digs them out, smooths them out or evicts with his mouth. I'm gonna try the newspaper balls as that sounds very Boo friendly..though knowing Boo she'll chill out with them rather than play

In the bunnies room (where they let us sleep at night) i have a huge long tunnel box that for some reason I've filled with socks & similar things- - Eddy likes to evict the socks but as I can't
see in, I'm not sure if he digs them out, smooths them out or evicts with his mouth. I'm gonna try the newspaper balls as that sounds very Boo friendly..though knowing Boo she'll chill out with them rather than play
Aw, that sounds like a fun activity for Eddy, however he gets the socks out of the tunnel. I hope Boo will like the newspaper balls, even if it's only to take a nap with them. I like the idea, too, but Sophie would eat them. ;)

I made something similar for the girls when they were indoors and I used to push branches through it so they'd have to reach up, pull them out etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You can see it to the left of the picture. When inside it was secured to the wall higher up once they moved outside we left it ground level. They loved using it.
54e1eaaa3cc0f98a140594abb95e7f44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oh, I see! That's really great to hear that they loved it. :love: Using it to hold branches sounds like a clever use for something like that. Did they ever dig at it?

Back