• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many buns do you have?

I have six here.

I've always had two separate set ups so it doesn't really feel like much work. It's easier now that I have them all litter trained, so it's quite quick cleaning them out. I find the five guineas the hardest work as cleaning them out is a right pain because it's a double hutch covered in megazorb.

I have 10 altogether - 8 in pairs and 2 being boned as I type.

6 actually belong to me, 4 are foster buns, but as they have been here for more than 2 years, they will stay here for the rest of their days as they are sanctuary buns.

All of them are litter trained so I find cleaning the sheds out quite easy. The hardest bit is making sure they all get their free range time in the garden, and that restricts what I do in terms of my time far more than anything else in my life.

I have 10 altogether - 8 in pairs and 2 being boned as I type.

6 actually belong to me, 4 are foster buns, but as they have been here for more than 2 years, they will stay here for the rest of their days as they are sanctuary buns.

All of them are litter trained so I find cleaning the sheds out quite easy. The hardest bit is making sure they all get their free range time in the garden, and that restricts what I do in terms of my time far more than anything else in my life.

:shock:

Only 4 in a quad...but I'd love more!!:love: They are currently house rabbits - I did try moving them to the big shed and aviary type run....but it was soo damp out there and I missed them too much :oops: so they just had to come back in again!

34:wave::wave:

6 indoors in 3 pairs - (would like it if two of those pairs bonded to a 4some - may try soon)

and then outdoors we have an 8some, a 7some, a fivesome, a foursome, and two twosomes (soon hopefully also to be a foursome).

Steve managed to make that add up to 32 the other day - but I make it 34!! and as we pay for 34 insurance policies I think I must be right!!!

34:wave::wave:

6 indoors in 3 pairs - (would like it if two of those pairs bonded to a 4some - may try soon)

and then outdoors we have an 8some, a 7some, a fivesome, a foursome, and two twosomes (soon hopefully also to be a foursome).

Steve managed to make that add up to 32 the other day - but I make it 34!! and as we pay for 34 insurance policies I think I must be right!!!

Bloody hell lol that's a lot to manage, bet they cost a right fortune

I have 30 Rabbits

Examples of enclosures

Rabbits191-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits194-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits198-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits201-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits206-Optimized.jpg

As nature takes it's course :cry: I will be able to offer more room to those remaining. Although they do get free range garden time it will be better to be able to provide more space indoors.

That's amazing Jane. It's great how you have packed so many enclosures into an ordinary sized room but none of them are cramped - your use of levels is wonderful.

Your photos always show really clean enclosures too. I know you do yours every day but I cleaned my outdoor buns out this afternoon and by the time I gave them their supper there were droppings and hay and newspaper spread everywhere.

I have 30 Rabbits

Examples of enclosures

Rabbits191-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits194-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits198-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits201-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits206-Optimized.jpg

As nature takes it's course :cry: I will be able to offer more room to those remaining. Although they do get free range garden time it will be better to be able to provide more space indoors.

Oh my! How much hay do you manage to get through???
And is that more I see through the door way? Where exactly do you live in the house? :lol:

Oh my! How much hay do you manage to get through???
And is that more I see through the door way? Where exactly do you live in the house? :lol:

3 huge bales of Farm Hay a week and yes, there are enclosures in every room except the bathroom

I am privileged to live with my Rabbits, literally :love:

3 huge bales of Farm Hay a week and yes, there are enclosures in every room except the bathroom

I am privileged to live with my Rabbits, literally :love:

Wow. That is a really big commitment for so many. But I am sure they are so happy with what you do for them. Wish I could live with my buns in the house. I am hoping I can one day :love: it must be lovely

Back