• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many buns do you have?

I have 11!
I have a 4, a 3 and 2 pairs. I am hoping to bond the 2 pairs once Daisy is a bit more settled.

I love each and everyone of them to bits but I think ideally I would like to have 6. So when one dies I will not replace them. Some days I find having so many sooo tiring with all the cleaning and grooming and feeding etc and letting them out to free range in the garden is a chore as I have to block off all the other runs so they don't see each other as they fight through the bars. They all have large runs so space isn't an issue really, but would always like for them to have more, it is a pain I can't bond them together into one big group. It doesn't help that I have 2 buns with special needs at the moment who are taking a lot more of my time, I also work 4 days a week.

I say I will naturally reduce numbers (I would never rehome any of them!!), but likelyhood is in my job when one goes another sick one will come in that needs my attention and I am a rubbish fosterer :lol:

That being said I love having loads of bunnies, and I really can't see myself ever just having 1 pair! Just having a tired day today.

I have 2.

Although at the moment I haven't got the money, space or time to have more. Even when I can afford more and will have the space, it will be because I have a job which will not give me the time to have more than one set! But I wouldn't mind having a trio or quad :) I just don't understand how people find time to spend with more than one set! I struggle finding enough time to spend with my two :(

Just one pair currently (indoors).
But I am supposed to be getting an outdoor pair this summer, as OH agreed to build me a hutch/run for my 30th (which is next Thursday - so far he has only laid a patio and built the frame for the run - and is away all this weekend :( )

I have four and have just bonded into a quad. They are all getting on really well and I am about to move them into their permanent home.

I also have mummy foster bun and 8 babies!

I think 2 will do nicely for me :) It's about all I can afford and have space for lol. But if I had a permanent job, my own house and garden with a good amount of space I would maybe consider another pair.

One thing I would be very interested in is fostering though...Although I doubt my mum would let me do it here at home and I doubt a landlord would let me :lol:

Eleven - five indoors in a two and a three and six outside in a two and a four.

Just about to go and do a big clean of the outdoor buns so think I have far too many:lol: but once they are all clean and happily nomming on fresh hay, I will remember why I have them again. I could watch bunnies nomming for ages - much more interesting than the TV.

I have 3 bunnies, my indoor REW boys. If I had the money and space I would deffo have a big gang of them! :lol:
Have a dog, a horse and 2 sheep too, so pretty much at my animal quota (really want another sheep though, I luffs them!)
lol you sound like your gradually getting a farm :lol:

I have 30 Rabbits

Examples of enclosures

Rabbits191-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits194-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits198-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits201-Optimized.jpg

Rabbits206-Optimized.jpg

As nature takes it's course :cry: I will be able to offer more room to those remaining. Although they do get free range garden time it will be better to be able to provide more space indoors.

we have 3 at the moment but they all live in seperate hutches (we did have 4 but 1 now lives with my brother and his family as they couldnt have cats and dogs where they lived and really wanted a pet for my niece)

george has always lived on his own mainly because hes mine and i dont want another one going in with him

the 2 girls that belong to my parents used to live together but had to be seperated a few years ago due to not getting along with each other so they now live in hutches on their own

Back