• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know

Thank you, just packing up her stuff. Didn't realise how much there was! It bought her an extra couple of years though.

Been crying a lot, weird little things. I feel better about things than with Mischa. That was such an unexpected shock, whereas I've been expecting this for a few weeks now. I think it was the right time, i think yesterday would've been too soon and tomorrow too late.

Thank you. Dad said to me today that he was proud of how well i'd looked after her. I said 'i had some help' and by that I mean you lot. Thank you. Xx

I so sorry you've had this awful dilemma.You have clearly done the right thing for Nutmeg and she is now at peace.Im going through the same thing at the moment.(((hugs)))

Just to add, we had to make the decision with Archie, he had lymphoma and I had made the decision in my mind that once he started to suffer I wouldn't have him suffering on. Had some guilt trip times since, but if you want to PM me and chat happy to. H x

Thank you, hugs to all you who are going or have been going through the same. I feel like I have so much time on my hands, her meds and food would take at least half an hour twice a day. I fed the other two thus morning and it was like, hmm, is this it, is this all i have to do? It feels so weird. I've never had free range rabbits without her and she was always the one who needed cleaning up after the most.

Oh Elena, I am just seeing this. I'm so very sorry that you had to say goodbye to Nutmeg. :cry:
Please know I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. I do understand that "empty arms" feeling when you feel you've missed some of your daily duties. Not with bunnies, but with other animals I've had this and adding it to the grief always stinks. :( But you did so much for her and took such wonderful care of her. Bless you, you are such a good bunny mum. (((((((Huge hugs))))))))

Binky free, dear little Nutmeg. You will be deeply missed here. Keep a watch over your mum and the other bunnies from the Rainbow. xxxx

Slots of hugs for you, I can't imagine having to make the decision of when to let them go but it sounds like you were spot on and did the absolute best thing for her.

Binky free little Nutmeg
xxx

I am so sorry for your loss :( It sounds like you did know in the end when the right time was to help Nutmeg make her final journey. Its the last gift we can give. Binky free Nutmeg xxx

Thank you, took her to the pet crematorium this afternoon. Opted for a collective cremation because they gather the ashes and then bury them in the grounds every year rather than what others do. I thought I'd find it difficult but I now feel kinda closure, I guess. About twice a year I go past there to a place down the road so that helps. So glad i didn't leave her at the vets, think that would've been really really hard.

Thinking of you - binky free Nutmeg xx

Its the hardest decision in the world, but its the final gift that we can give ((HUGS)) xx

So sorry I missed thid thread. Sending you hugs at such a sad time. She's free at The Bridge now and she will always be in your heart. Xxx

Back