• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know your rabbit is happy?

Are you being serious? It was a daddy long legs :shock:

ok, so the daddy long legs protection society are going to come down on me, but can you honestly say you haven't ever killed anything? I know I do, like the slug I threw off the hutch the other day and then accidentally trod on or the ant crawling past

And if I'm in the house alone with a spider, I'm sorry it dies... I can't put them out like my OH does and I can't live with them so it's a newspaper and shut my eyes job.

I don't think it's fair to mock people's beliefs - if you started laughing at vegetarians for not wanting to eat meat then there'd be a big fuss made. If people don't like killing things and it extends to insects then that's their morals. You may not agree but to ask if they're being serious is just rude.

OMG! You dont do you :cry: No way could I kill an insect it is murder in my eyes I felt so sad and talked to myself in the beath for 10 mins or so abot it cos my o/h didn't seem to care much :cry:

I think if it's accidental then you have nothing to feel bad about. We're both meat eaters but my OH can't kill anything deliberately but I am so scared of (big) spiders that I can't be in the room with one and living in the country we get quite a few. I also got over my phobia of killing mice when we were overrun last year, I don't like it but I will set traps, I feel sick when one goes off but we don't have much choice - although I am experimenting with one of those plug in deterrent things at the moment

I think if it's accidental then you have nothing to feel bad about. We're both meat eaters but my OH can't kill anything deliberately but I am so scared of (big) spiders that I can't be in the room with one and living in the country we get quite a few. I also got over my phobia of killing mice when we were overrun last year, I don't like it but I will set traps, I feel sick when one goes off but we don't have much choice - although I am experimenting with one of those plug in deterrent things at the moment

Ooh go careful, wouldn't that affect your rabbits?

Ooh go careful, wouldn't that affect your rabbits?

No they're all outside, but it does say not to have rabbits or other rodents (which puzzles me as rabbits aren't rodents) in the same room.

I haven't seen a mouse since I plugged it in though so fingers crossed they've moved next door (sorry Wendy my neighbour!!)

Are you being serious? It was a daddy long legs :shock:

ok, so the daddy long legs protection society are going to come down on me, but can you honestly say you haven't ever killed anything? I know I do, like the slug I threw off the hutch the other day and then accidentally trod on or the ant crawling past

And if I'm in the house alone with a spider, I'm sorry it dies... I can't put them out like my OH does and I can't live with them so it's a newspaper and shut my eyes job.

I've just swatted a mozzi cos they aint going near my Buns. So dont worry Kathryn, I'm a murderer too!!

Janex

Yes, mozzies and flies don't survive long in my house either I'm afraid. Spiders get put under cups and my o/h puts them outside for me! Although, if you are trying to save the spider and release it outside, don't throw it as it can kill them, they have fragile exoskeletons or something :?

This is a happy rabbit:D :D
r4.jpg

Taz

I dont kill anything, not even flies. I sweep up earwigs and throw them somewhere else. I put a bee with deformed wings on a flower. I pick up the giant spiders (small body, skinny legs) and throw them, but now i wont, as that probably isnt good for them is it? I am really scared of specific types of spiders though and they get the cup and paper treatment... and im usually crying as i carry them outside :lol:.

But my stupid dog... chases insects and flies and eats them :cry:. So if there is one in the room... you have to move the dog otherwise it will be eaten :(.

Back