• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you come up with your buns name? x

Honey was my first bunny and i always wanted a honey bunny :lol: Then Panda as he looks like one. Boss as i was told he was gunna be a giant but never grow up :lol: Justin was blue eye beauty but changed it to Justin for short as the man that helped me was called Justin. Butterfly as she had a brown butterfly shape on her nose. Princess Jenny after my OH mum who passed away :( Then Berry as i got her around xmas and my brother chose her name and last of all Snowflake as she is white :lol:

My girl Tigerlilly will be 4 this year although I myself have only had her for 2 years and this was the name her owner before me gave her, I liked it so kept it. She kind of has two black stripes going down her bum abit like a tiger so thats prob where the name came from.

Lola was going to be named Ling-Ling by my O/H but I hated it and Lola just came to mind, Then we thought she may be a boy!? So was going to call him/her Olly But she's a girl so Lola stayed. Then I knew the next bun we would get would have to be black and called SiDney - no idea why I just knew that was what I wanted! :lol::D

When Terry was small he had a very orange-like back and so someone suggested Terry as in the chocolate orange variety. It's not the most "pet-like" name but he suits it I think.

As for my new girl well she's such a little baby (a lionhead) that she just looks like a giant ball of fur. I kept calling her pom pom whilst trying to think of a name but couldn't imagine the shame of "pom pom young" being said at the vets so I said it as just "Pomme" - so it became like ... The French for apple. :oops:

She acts like a she thinks she's a little princess though so it does suit her - a cute French name. :lol:

OH wouldn't buy Pie for me unless I called her 'Pie' :roll: :lol:
But now I am used to it I wouldn't have it any other way :love:

Gasket because he was blue like the smoke you get when you blow a head gasket, Tappet because it was another engineering term that went with Gasket. Sprocket and Widget are a continuation of the theme.

Bridge bun Neelix because I was going through a Star Trek phase, Jasper was an orange nethies named after Jasper Carrott because he's orange line a carrot.

Biffo my first bun because of a character in the Beano. :D

Gasket because he was blue like the smoke you get when you blow a head gasket, Tappet because it was another engineering term that went with Gasket. Sprocket and Widget are a continuation of the theme.

Bridge bun Neelix because I was going through a Star Trek phase, Jasper was an orange nethies named after Jasper Carrott because he's orange line a carrot.

Biffo my first bun because of a character in the Beano. :D

I love those first four names :lol: Soemtimes they just randomly pop into my head make me chuckle. (v embarrassing if in public!)

I still want to get a trio and call them Pigeon, Widgeon and Smidgen. (Smidgen would obviously be the smallest)

Maybe one day *sigh*

We called Peanut, Peanut because she was small and the same colour as a peanut. When she's sat in a little ball and you look at her from above, she looks more like the shape of a monkey nut:lol: Roofus is called Roofus because my other half said that he was being a bit of a dufus because he kept binkying into things :lol: we did then change his name to smartie but after a recent poll on here, the name that most people liked for him was Roofus, so as of last night that is now his official name.

Harvey was named after my Grandads bunny who was also called Harvey.
Emmalena was chosen by my daughter
Cindy is a Cinder toffee colour
Misty is a white and grey colour and looks like mist
Honey is a honey colour
Daisy is black and white and resembles a daisy cow
Blossom chosen by my daughter but she is a lionhead/angora and does look like blossom. :D

oh yeah and im team edward all the way :love:;):lol:
i like the way you think ;)
team edward here too :D

Ladies, ladies, let's be serious. Edward would only get in the way of the mirror - his hairstyle is not wash and go! Team Jacob. All the way :D

I actually watched Valentine's Day last night, purely because Taylor Lautner was in it :oops:

Back on topic, my buns are called Sugar and Spice... Oh so original :roll:

Pharrell is very unpolitically correctly called Pharrell because he's black *cough cough* :oops::lol:

:lol::lol: My first bun was called Linford because he was black and he ran fast :oops::lol:

And my second bun was called Skip because he used to binky all the time :love:

Ladies, ladies, let's be serious. Edward would only get in the way of the mirror - his hairstyle is not wash and go! Team Jacob. All the way :D

I actually watched Valentine's Day last night, purely because Taylor Lautner was in it :oops:

Back on topic, my buns are called Sugar and Spice... Oh so original :roll:

:lol::lol: My first bun was called Linford because he was black and he ran fast :oops::lol:

And my second bun was called Skip because he used to binky all the time :love:

:lol: wondered how long it would take for a team jacob to appear ;)
i read the books 1st and that why im team edward :)
you got to admit.... breaking dawn.... ahem... still gonna be team jacob are we?? :?

:lol: xx

My rabbits names, Patch and Silky, were given to them by my younger cousins. they were named before i took them home as it was their rabbits litter. :D

Bridge bun Harvey - My dad suggested it because of a film with a big white rabbit called Harvey.

Toffee - Mum named him because of his colouring

Fuzzy - Was Fuzzums from Starlight Rabbit Rescue but we cut it down :lol:

Daisy - Named at Starlight Rabbit Rescue

George - Named after the place he was born; The George and Dragon Pub :D

Biscuit & Max were already named, I wish I'd changed Biscuit's name to a nicer name though!

:lol: wondered how long it would take for a team jacob to appear ;)
i read the books 1st and that why im team edward :)
you got to admit.... breaking dawn.... ahem... still gonna be team jacob are we?? :?

:lol: xx

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you are referring to his affections for the new addition to the Cullens, it is all perfectly innocent!!

I read the books first too - the films are a rubbish in comparison.

Ok, I'll compromise. Books = Team Edward, but at any other time its Team Jacob for me!! :lol:

Hugo - I have no idea where I got that from, I just looked at him & said 'I'm going to call him Hugo' :lol:

Henry - My Hubby's bun - we still argue over who named him but I'm sure it was me, I like to use human names & love old fashioned ones best. He is now known as The King...you can't be called Henry & not be a king can you :oops:

Phoebe An - her pretty delicate face was crying out for a girlie name, when I fist saw her in the P@H adoption bit I thought if she was mine I'd name her Phoebe. When I brought her home I posted a pic of her on here & asked for name suggestions - the first person to reply said Phoebe :shock: so that was that! Her previous owner had named her Anna & somehow over time her name became Phoebe An :lol:

Honey - I rescued Honey from a disgusting place & wanted her name to reflect her change in fortune - I really liked the name Bonnie which means pretty girl, then Yvette on here suggested Bon Chance (good luck) which could be shortened to Bonnie. I thought it was perfect then my Hubby decided he wanted to keep her for himself & renamed her Honey :roll:

Last edited:
Yuki - The meaning of yuki in japanese is snow, I am self studying japanese culture and language so it came from that really (plus yuki is white like snow lol)

Yuri - Japanese for lilly she has the personality to match the meaning behind the japanese name lily, brave, adventurous strong personality and out going

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you are referring to his affections for the new addition to the Cullens, it is all perfectly innocent!!

I read the books first too - the films are a rubbish in comparison.

Ok, I'll compromise. Books = Team Edward, but at any other time its Team Jacob for me!! :lol:

:lol: ok, deal.

(innocent eh?? think that would hold in a court of law ;):lol: )

:lol:

xx

Pickle - because she was such a tiny little ball of scampishness. Just seemed to fit.

Amber - was originally a name I liked for a little girl before I decided I wouldn't be having children! When Amber arrived she was such a warm, golden colour that it seemed appropriate. Amber is also my favourite stone.

Freya - the name of the person who served me when I bought her! :oops:
I thought it was an elegant name. I later found out that it originates from Freya or 'Freja', Norse goddess of love, beauty, fertility, war and death. The goddess Freya was attended by cats or, occasionally, lantern-bearing hares :shock: It suits her though, as she really is a goddess amongst rabbits (at least in her mind)! :lol:

Bramble - I found that Bramble was the hardest bun to name, as nothing seemed to quite fit. She was Pusha in her previous home (which apparently means 'fluffy' Polish) but she didn't seem to recognise her name at all. I chose Bramble in the end because it seemed to evoke the countryside and she reminds me of a little woodland creature. I'm still not sure it fits though. I still think I should have called her Lydia or Leona because she is just so pretty :roll:

Betty - Betty became Betty very quickly! She is such a glamorous bun that she needed a sexy pin-up name, but names like Ava seemed too serious for such a cute ball of fuzz. Once Betty popped into my head she couldn't be anything else!

Back