• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you come up with your buns name? x

008-13.jpg

'bella's a pretty good name if you ask me' ;)

xx

i thought it was too for a bunny i have other as back ups for the new bunny.

i have Saphira if i spelt it right lol then there is ellena or allena as my computer is telling me lol ideally i want another s if possible but i like the sound of saphira and bella so its gonna be hard to choose. it will suck if the bun already has a name.... oh well ill change it the buns not really gonna know its name well anyway. :D

:wave: im really enjoying this thread, interesting to see what makes us choose what we choose.

wonder what our buns really think of our choices?? ;)

x

:wave: im really enjoying this thread, interesting to see what makes us choose what we choose.

wonder what our buns really think of our choices?? ;)

x

there probably sat there going u moron why did u give me that name. i know thats wat scooter thinking. i wish i could change it but people are use to me saying scooter. if i had the choice though id change it to Chucky :lol: seems to suit him a lot better. my mom and i went through this before he doesnt seem like a scooter. she said he should have more erm evil or masculine name like ranbo :roll:

if there was a smily for shaking my head i would have use that so many times by now on this forum :lol:

there probably sat there going u moron why did u give me that name. i know thats wat scooter thinking. i wish i could change it but people are use to me saying scooter. if i had the choice though id change it to Chucky :lol: seems to suit him a lot better. my mom and i went through this before he doesnt seem like a scooter. she said he should have more erm evil or masculine name like ranbo :roll:

if there was a smily for shaking my head i would have use that so many times by now on this forum :lol:

chucky :lol: as in bride of?? ;)

xx

My animals names are nearly always food related so I chose Radish as it seemed to suit her and I told OH he could name our new rabbit so long as he followed my naming convention and he chose Waffle.

My OH named Akpo after his favourite footballer. I just think Alfie is a really sweet name, and suits Alfie perfectly :D

The bridge bun in my avatar was called Domino because of her colouring :)

I called my 1st bun Robin because he was so little & cheeky,

2nd bun was so handsome I called him Flynn after Errol Flynn

& the current bun I called Toby after actor Toby Stephens, of whom I fell in love with after he was in Camomile Lawn.

my kids name all the rabbits always have always will lol
the only rabbits i have ever names are my dark steel boy contis everyone has been called jack
captain jack sparrow
captain jack harkness
jackson
jack
i never will get my giacomo casanova now as sad to say i have to give up the giants due to back problems :cry: i have my last 2 contis apple and luchiano who are captain jack sparrows daughter and great great grandson :love:
i like the kids naming the bunnies they always come up with such great names
we have at the moment
James bunnies -
davros
millie
adidas
scarlett
tardis
cyber
lola
hazel

Jasmines rabbits -
sportacus
scabby
laura
jemima
robbie rotton
twinkle
ben

my last 2 contis -
luchiano
apple
we also have the shared rex who jazzy named
alex
nellie
felicity
jasmine
we have a cross breed called rosie

but over the years we have had rabbits called just to name a few -
dalek cann
funny gloopy dalek cann
cusso
cussos dead 2 ( cusso 1 died so jazzy decided to name her now one that )
dalek sec
rose
jessie
chowder
ella
heather
patrick star
squidward
will turner
bobby
blue
captain barbosa
xanda
drucilla
anya
elizabeth
lizzie
caitlin
cody
james
beth
herculese
giles
honey
padame
ewok
edward
marley
obi-wan kenobi
buffy
jessica
maisy
patch
bailey
max bruce
charlie
oscar
puddle
belle
piglet
pigaley
zac
voldermort
tink
jake
lilly
tinkerbelle
joey
george
bessie
wilow
jock
gizmo
keeton
bannakaffalatta
swiper
ming ming
rattit
captain blackbeard
oh i could go on forever but ill stop now :D

Charlie....because he looked a proper charlie when we got him...one ear up, one ear down and used to lay with his back legs splayed out like roadkill. Then the 'Babbitt' got added because my son does a really good impression of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman who's brother is called Charlie Babbitt. The first day I got Charlie, my son came in and said 'who's that then?' and I said 'meet Charlie' His reply was (Rainman style) 'my name is Charlie, Charlie Babbitt' and the rest is history!!

Incidentally, he also gets called Chazwalla, Chazzy B and C Dog by my son as Charlie is from Swindon which has a bit of a reputation for chavs so he felt he needed a chav name!!! Grrrrrrr!

Charlie....because he looked a proper charlie when we got him...one ear up, one ear down and used to lay with his back legs splayed out like roadkill. Then the 'Babbitt' got added because my son does a really good impression of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman who's brother is called Charlie Babbitt. The first day I got Charlie, my son came in and said 'who's that then?' and I said 'meet Charlie' His reply was (Rainman style) 'my name is Charlie, Charlie Babbitt' and the rest is history!!

Incidentally, he also gets called Chazwalla, Chazzy B and C Dog by my son as Charlie is from Swindon which has a bit of a reputation for chavs so he felt he needed a chav name!!! Grrrrrrr!

:lol: x

Well
Charlie: I loved the name Charlie so had to call my first one!
Poppy: The first thing she munched in the garden was a poppy :roll:
Chloe: My OH named her - he doesn't do "animal names"
Patch: Because he has a white patch on one of his black ears
Jack: Not quite sure why, my husband refused to have Cottontail or Snowy, so Jack stuck
Lily: She was called Lily when bought to the sanctuary, but it stuck. I am thinking grumpus or groucho would be more appropriate though!! :lol:

I like human names for my pets! When we brought Louie home, all 4 of us were throwing around boy names. My son said Louie, and we all decided we liked it so Louie he was :love:

Lucky is called Lucky as he's our 3rd bunny and he didnt really have a name when he came to us - he was 4 months old and already had 4 names - he was currently called Ollie but it didnt suit him. We named him Lucky because, for us, he was 3rd time Lucky (our previous 2 buns came to a nasty fox ending).

Daisy was called Daisy when we got her from the rescue - seeing as she was about a year and a half, it seemed silly to change a name that already suited her.

Both of them have middles names too:

Lucky Stanley (because he looks like a stanley)
and Daisy Waisey
:lol::lol::lol:

:shock: how did you know?? :oops:;)
i wanted to call jasper edward but my OH refused point blank to call him that :lol:
we were watching eclipse the other day and it finally hit him why i wanted to call one of our future animals riley, he thought id finally come to my senses :lol: silly man!!!

xx
jasper much better looking ;)

i was dead lazy and named mine whatever neice and nephew wanted to call them lol
ruby and jay seem to go though lol

although rubys shortned too roo or wuby wabbit

and jayjay is jay or Je je

I was trying to name all my rabbits after plants - hence Poppy, Briony, Sorrel - but Guinness came with his name and it suited him so much I couldn't change it and it all went a bit wrong namewise after that :lol:

Apache came with his name, Skye was just a name I liked that seemed to suit her.

But look at this little book of bunny names! How lovely - and it supports Rainbow Rabbits too :D :D

Back