• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are your bunnies tonight with the firework?

They have been fine thankfully. I went to a big display but my brother kept an eye on them and the were not bothered in the slightest. Its the same every year. I feel bad for wild animals and really nervous pets though :(

My 2 were fine!! I was really worried about Nancy as she is so jumpy when I move the wheelie bins but every time I went to check on them they were clamouring for their bedtime treats:lol::lol:

They're so surprising, I can have the hoover on in the kitchen (their hutch is right outside), OH often has power tools going in the garage - they dont flinch, but the minute those wheelie bins roll along they dont like it.:roll:

All three hid. Wouldn't come out for hay, or a treat of kale. I put music on near them to distract from the worst of the noise as they are used to music and slowly they all came back out. Lola was hidden in her tunnel and was trying to dig the carpet in it I guess to try and find somewhere safer for herself to get to :(

It wasn't as bad here today as it was on random days last week luckily.

My 2 have been brought indoors for the Winter and are loving being back inside. Lots of flops and binkies. They didn't even bat an eyelid at the fireworks.

Poor Benjie my huge bundle of love:cry: jammed himelf into a corner under my bed in absolute terror & I spent much of the night trying to get him to eat. Even with windows closed I can smell the sulphur in the air.
I hate private fireworks, & wish we could just have a few municipal displays.

A fox was unusually vocal last night too, another type of prolonged barking sound I haven't heard before, so I don't know what it means.

Indifferent, they are indoors.

If they were outdoor though, like my past bunnies I bring them in for this time of year and keep them in a cool area.

Back