• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunnies at night

I imagine bunnies are quite pleased when winter comes around and it's gets around 18-20oC indoors - much more comfortable for them! A house bunny shouldn't need anything extra unless you're living in a very cold house. Anything in double digits should be fine for the average healthy rabbit, and about 18oC minimum for ones with any health issues that could be exacerbated. If you're not sure, pop on your winter coat, gloves, hat and scarf - if you still feel a bit chilly sitting around doing nothing then turn up the heating a bit.

I've just ordered some snugglesafes from Amazon that should help my three. They are used to the house having no drafts due to ice sealing the windows and doors in winter and the house heat being a toasty 75 F +, so this year I think they all are a bit cold, except maybe for Pip who seems to be loving the lower temps. (I think it must get to about 61 F in their room and there's no carpeting, just towels and blankets in their enclosures.
Thank God they're not outdoors like my ex wanted, it dropped to 32 F last night, first big freeze of the season. :shock:

Back