• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly U/D back from vets

i couldnt feel it though, i can see it and when i tried to feel it all i could feel was fur :oops::oops:

Sounds like a fat lump, you can see all of Rons and feel them, they sort of hard but sort of squishy at the same time. i would watch it and her for a few days, see if you notice any difference in her or any difference in the size of the lump, if you don't notice anything leave her for the time being, and if you do notice something have the vets take a look, they should be able to tell you if it's a fat lump just by feeling it at a consultation so it souldn't cost to much x

Sounds like a fat lump, you can see all of Rons and feel them, they sort of hard but sort of squishy at the same time. i would watch it and her for a few days, see if you notice any difference in her or any difference in the size of the lump, if you don't notice anything leave her for the time being, and if you do notice something have the vets take a look, they should be able to tell you if it's a fat lump just by feeling it at a consultation so it souldn't cost to much x

we have an appointment tomorrow morning, but ive convinced myself she has an absess cus its me and my bunnies dont seem to live long :oops: best to be prepared for a few months of hell before they die huh :cry:

we have an appointment tomorrow morning, but ive convinced myself she has an absess cus its me and my bunnies dont seem to live long :oops: best to be prepared for a few months of hell before they die huh :cry:

Oh donna *hugs* she will be fine. Plus liek i've said the vets should be able to tell you what it is or isn't just by having a feel of it. It could just be her fur getting stuck with water etc try not to worry please xxx If you want a chat you can PM me xxx

Try not to stress. I'm pretty sure abcesses are hard, so if it was big enough to see I'm guessing you would definitely be able to feel it too, if that's what it was.

It's a struggle to do anything bun-related single-handedly for me too; I don't know how people who live alone cope - I find it hard enough to manage with an OH who is too scared of breaking the bunnies (or being bitten by one :lol::lol:) to hold on to them firmly enough.

I hope tomorrow puts your mind at rest and it's nothing too serious. :)

well i just cried down the phone at poor Lou :oops::oops::oops:

she even offered to take Alvin and Holly if i ever feel i cant cope, i must sound like a right mess :oops:

Holly had a good groom on the 28th and was perfectly fine then so she doubts dental issues have suddenly happened in the last 3 weeks, she too thinks a fatty cyst thing in the dewlap if not just dribbled water from the moutains of water shes drinking.

what a stupid wreck i am. i think i might actually sleep tonight now though :D:D

the lump seems to have spread right accross the middle.. i *think* i have spent two days panicing over the actual dewlap :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Pearl didnt have one but lou said lops can have quite big ones even spayed :oops::oops:

i took pics too but she started to get peed off i was interupting veg time.

i really hope ive just been a muppet and i havent got a ill bunny :oops::oops:

is this normal for a lop doe?

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

gosh i feel so newbie to buns again :oops::oops:

It looks like she got her dewlap wet Donna. The tufts of fur sticking out of it are typical. But maybe a vet visit will make you feel better. I just wish you could get over here more easily, I'd check them over whenever you wanted then.
Try not to worry so much. As we discussed earlier you just need more rabbits to keep you so busy you don't have time;)
Must go feed the hoards....

this is Honeys
sdc10049sd.jpg

When it first started it looked like Hollys, I think its where shes got it wet too, as hers use to dry in off directions and I paniced alot :oops: . I went to the vets too as I thought she had a growth.
Try not to worry yourself too much, I'm sure she will be fine.

It looks like she got her dewlap wet Donna. The tufts of fur sticking out of it are typical. But maybe a vet visit will make you feel better. I just wish you could get over here more easily, I'd check them over whenever you wanted then.
Try not to worry so much. As we discussed earlier you just need more rabbits to keep you so busy you don't have time;)
Must go feed the hoards....

hehehe i shall work on Ste, maybe if i can prove to him im not a major stress head huh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

this is Honeys
sdc10049sd.jpg

When it first started it looked like Hollys, I think its where shes got it wet too, as hers use to dry in off directions and I paniced alot :oops: . I went to the vets too as I thought she had a growth.
Try not to worry yourself too much, I'm sure she will be fine.

thankyou.. i do feel better now and im sure my vet is expecting a perfectly healthy bun too :oops::oops::oops:

no harm in getting the VHD done while we are there, if its ok to mix with the panacur... altho probably not id stress myself over that then :oops::lol::lol:

I went in crying to my vet thinking she was going to die :oops::oops::oops:

No harm in getting a health check too, then you will be able to totally settle your mind. I normally bring Honey along when any of mine need to go just incase as I'm worried something else will of gone wrong with her :oops:

I would just do one thing at a time, get the panacur over with, leave a gap then do the VHD. I have seen too many rabbits get ill after VHD. We don't want you to really have a sick rabbit.

I would just do one thing at a time, get the panacur over with, leave a gap then do the VHD. I have seen too many rabbits get ill after VHD. We don't want you to really have a sick rabbit.

yeah i thought that as i posted.. id be a fool to ask for illness.. only 15 days to go now and she actually likes the panacur :D:D

Back