• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holland Lop??

Hazel - the bulldog rabbit. :lol: But it was reading that, and then seeing her, that made me thinks she's not all Holland Lop at all. I have no idea how much she weighs (I find that out in a weeks time, when she has her VHD at the vets...), but she has no flat face. 'Sides, I think her ears count as helicopter ones. :rolleyes: Such a funny bun. I know what you mean about the top of the head being pointy though... Hazel seems to have bumps on either side, near her ears... like little hills on either side of her head... From face on, it looks very funny!

she must be some sort of english x then hun, maybe one of her parents was a dwarf lop so she inherited the small ears with the english face :)
ooo that was english then? ok i am gonna go for dwarf x english. :Dshe has the big nostrils that the english has too :lol:

Oh while you're all talking about this any ideas what Joey is? I got told he was probably a englishxmini lop but i think he's way too small to be cross english and he has wonky ears :roll: I was told that saffy is a mini lop too... im confused now.... :lol:

bunnies800x600-1.jpg

snuggle640x480.jpg

Oh while you're all talking about this any ideas what Joey is? I got told he was probably a englishxmini lop but i think he's way too small to be cross english and he has wonky ears :roll: I was told that saffy is a mini lop too... im confused now.... :lol:

bunnies800x600-1.jpg

snuggle640x480.jpg

OMG they are gorgeous.....:love:

Haha thanks guys, whatever they are i love them :) saffy does look like a cushion or a rug doesnt she lol she always does that, it panicked me the first time!! :lol:

Lordy lordy - Tam any chance of making a sticky with this on as I seem to be telling people once a week!!

US Holland Lop = UK Mini Lop
US Mini Lop = UK German Lop

There are no Dwarf Lops in the US at all.

UK Mini Lops are best described as having 'apple' shaped faces - so round and squished. Dwarf Lops are bigger than Mini Lops and are basically small French lops.

However remember that those bold headed rabbits are show standard, we gets all sorts of non-show standard rabbits out with skinny faces like Daisy's - it doesn't mean she's got English Lop in there, shes just a non-show standard Dwarf Lop.

Alvin is a Mini Lop.

When you're searching for anything rabbit related on google please hit 'sites from the UK' will make life alot simpler!

Website for the National French and Dwarf Lop Club:
http://www.nfdlc.com/index.html

Website for the National Miniature Lop Club
www.nmlrc.co.uk/

Back