• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holland Lop??

Really? I was wondering because I was told he was a dwarf but he's quite small so I was thinking he might be a mini, this is another pic of all of him...

IMG_2564.jpg

:lol::lol:eek:ooooh ekk i've started something now haven't i :lol:

hmmmm mini lop too?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hes down as lop at the vets, ive got him as a mini lop on the insurance.... but really i have no idea.. hes a small boy tho at only 2.25kg so mini sounds right lol

Really? I was wondering because I was told he was a dwarf but he's quite small so I was thinking he might be a mini, this is another pic of all of him...

IMG_2564.jpg

he looks like peanut... is he a dwarf? how heavy is he??
edit- i meant he

:shock: my god...ok is any1 else confused? cos i sure as hell am :lol::lol: maybe i should have a tipple...:lol::lol:

Now I'm confused, not sure how heavy actually but he's on the light side compared to Martha who's a lionhead x. He's about the same weight as my 5 month dwarf Lene.

looks like its english lops that have the long slim faces... but who knows what are mixed into our bunnies...:?

I went looking for the site I used to try and find out about Holland Lops when I believed the bunny in the ad was one...

'The Holland Lop is a breed which exudes massiveness in a compact package. Weighing 3-4 pounds, Hollands are short coupled with a round head, flat face, wide body, full chest, and short lop ears that fall from a wrap-around crown. Their body-to-head ratio is 2 to 1, with the overall look reminiscent of a Bulldog. Coming in a variety of broken and solid colors, Hollands have a unique show pose of resting lightly on their front feet. Most importantly the Holland Lop has a sociable, comedic nature that is truly endearing. It is for this, that the Holland Lop attracts so many, and is considered by the fancy as the "Hallmark breed".'

That came from here:
http://www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com/Breed_Gallery/Holland_Lop.htm

:)

i think of a mini lop or dwarf lop as the same thing...a netherland dwarf type, but with floppy ears!:shock::?:lol::oops:

I went looking for the site I used to try and find out about Holland Lops when I believed the bunny in the ad was one...

'The Holland Lop is a breed which exudes massiveness in a compact package. Weighing 3-4 pounds, Hollands are short coupled with a round head, flat face, wide body, full chest, and short lop ears that fall from a wrap-around crown. Their body-to-head ratio is 2 to 1, with the overall look reminiscent of a Bulldog. Coming in a variety of broken and solid colors, Hollands have a unique show pose of resting lightly on their front feet. Most importantly the Holland Lop has a sociable, comedic nature that is truly endearing. It is for this, that the Holland Lop attracts so many, and is considered by the fancy as the "Hallmark breed".'

That came from here:
http://www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com/Breed_Gallery/Holland_Lop.htm

:)

hmmm...well, daisy has longish ears, that flap in the wind :lol::lol::lol:(she gonna hate me for saying that!:rolleyes:) she has a long nose, and the top of her head is very pointy..(did think devils horns were a possibilty at one lpoint :lol::lol:)...she weighs about 4lbs.

Back