• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hobbit hole project!

i'm puzzled as to what the whole hobbit hole thing is for. is it for humans or buns??? perhaps both?

i'm puzzled as to what the whole hobbit hole thing is for. is it for humans or buns??? perhaps both?

It's an escape mostly. We have a tiny cottage, and sometimes our needs don't collide well - one needs quiet when the other needs the phone for example. It's for "holidays" in the garden. It's a spare room for guests - something we've never really had. It's for crafting in without the mess in the house. It's for whatever we want really!

Not so much progress today on the basis of being knackered, and mostly digging that wasn't very visual, but hubby managed to do this to the mystery hole...

I suspect, knowing whereabouts you live, imagining you in this all year round AND looking at the concrete lining going around that hole (nice bit of construction all round, well done both!), I think I might know what it's for... But I'm happy to be wrong as well!

I get the MOAR SPAAAAACE thing, totally. We have a massive house and we are very lucky we have loads of room, but we lack outdoor space (that isn't used by the bunnies), hence our (my?) desire for a roof terrace for entertaining etc. But yeah, having enough indoor space that's configured correctly to do everything you want is really important. Ours isn't there yet but house renovations first, perfect house later: we don't plan on moving XD

I suspect, knowing whereabouts you live, imagining you in this all year round AND looking at the concrete lining going around that hole (nice bit of construction all round, well done both!), I think I might know what it's for... But I'm happy to be wrong as well!

I get the MOAR SPAAAAACE thing, totally. We have a massive house and we are very lucky we have loads of room, but we lack outdoor space (that isn't used by the bunnies), hence our (my?) desire for a roof terrace for entertaining etc. But yeah, having enough indoor space that's configured correctly to do everything you want is really important. Ours isn't there yet but house renovations first, perfect house later: we don't plan on moving XD

Lol, you're not right but not entirely wrong either - this space isn't for that ;)

I’m guessing the added bit is either for a toilet, fireplace, bbq or stairs :lol:

I need to try and remember how to do photos again - and find time to post them - but my little hobbit hole is finally useable. Not finished, but there's enough floor to have the beds in, and it's warm and dry. Various family members have been staying there for the past couple of weeks and I've enjoyed their company but also been itching for them to leave so I can finally stay in it myself!!
I finished work today, and it's solstice, so tonight me and the pup are trying it out by ourselves for the first time. Hubby is home tomorrow so we will stay in together then too!! Can't wait.

I need to try and remember how to do photos again - and find time to post them - but my little hobbit hole is finally useable. Not finished, but there's enough floor to have the beds in, and it's warm and dry. Various family members have been staying there for the past couple of weeks and I've enjoyed their company but also been itching for them to leave so I can finally stay in it myself!!
I finished work today, and it's solstice, so tonight me and the pup are trying it out by ourselves for the first time. Hubby is home tomorrow so we will stay in together then too!! Can't wait.

It sounds lovely :love:

Back