• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi guys!

EffyDaydream

Warren Scout
I'm new here, obviously, and I thought I'd introduce my bunnies! :love:

This is Gandalf:

And this is Flopsy (who sadly died in July):

Hi - Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Gandalf is lovely and so small! :love:

I noticed you are from Salisbury, Not too far from me. I am also in Wiltshire :wave:

He's teeny weeny! :love:

Ah nice, I'm about 20 mins from Salisbury. Hello fellow wiltshire folk! ;)

He does look small - bless him! :love:

I am about 30 minutes from Salisbury I reckon, I am closer to Marlborough though.

Have you been to Porton Aqua pet garden centre near Salisbury?

He does look small - bless him! :love:

I am about 30 minutes from Salisbury I reckon, I am closer to Marlborough though.

Have you been to Porton Aqua pet garden centre near Salisbury?

Yeah, I'm that way too. Yes, I've been there many many times! That's where I got Gandalf actually, I love going there just to spent ages looking at all the animals. :lol: The only thing that worries me a bit is they will just sell animals to anyone, whereas pets at home ask a lot of questions and make sure you have all the right stuff. That just makes me want all the creatures though haha. :lol:

Thank you both. :) He's more grey (named Gandalf after his big grey beard haha), but he is gorgeous! :love:

Yeah, I'm that way too. Yes, I've been there many many times! That's where I got Gandalf actually, I love going there just to spent ages looking at all the animals. :lol: The only thing that worries me a bit is they will just sell animals to anyone, whereas pets at home ask a lot of questions and make sure you have all the right stuff. That just makes me want all the creatures though haha. :lol:

Thank you both. :) He's more grey (named Gandalf after his big grey beard haha), but he is gorgeous! :love:

Ah I thought you were going to say that he was from Porton - My Lily is from there bearing in mind this was just over two years ago. I'm pro rescue now and two of my four rabbits are rescue rabbits from Cottontails in Westbury.

I'm not keen on the way Porton have their rabbits and guinea pigs mixed - it just gives all the wrong ideas. They will also as you say - sell to anyone. I wish they'd stop selling animals but I don't think they will. I do like walking around there though, they have a wide range of products. I was there just on Monday , was quite shocked to see they had a skinny pig in :roll: .

Hi sorry I. Late in welcoming you but welcome to the forum, :wave:lovely to see pics of your bunnys, so for your loss though :(

Hello! :wave:
He is gorgeous (of course I've told you that before!! ;) )

I went into Porton for the first time in ages the other week, & there were some TINY bunnies, as in smaller than the piggies!

They were selling a little girl a rabbit for her birthday, & I didn't see them give out much information! (I'm a bit nosey)
You're right, even pets at home take details etc!

Still, Gandalf is lovely! Sorry about flopsy! x

Ah I thought you were going to say that he was from Porton - My Lily is from there bearing in mind this was just over two years ago. I'm pro rescue now and two of my four rabbits are rescue rabbits from Cottontails in Westbury.

I'm not keen on the way Porton have their rabbits and guinea pigs mixed - it just gives all the wrong ideas. They will also as you say - sell to anyone. I wish they'd stop selling animals but I don't think they will. I do like walking around there though, they have a wide range of products. I was there just on Monday , was quite shocked to see they had a skinny pig in :roll: .

I've never really thought of rescue before, but I am considering it for next time. I was only looking at the Cottontails website the other day. Yeah and they have the rabbits eating the Guinea Pig food, I had to wean Gandalf off of it and onto bunny nuggets. When I got Gandalf they didn't even take my name or number, a bit concerning. Oh yeah, someone told me about that! Someone will probably buy it and get bored... I know someone who bought one of their pygmy hedgehogs and got bored after a week and gave him away. Silly people. :(

Thank you Willowsmum! :thumb:

Hello! :wave:
He is gorgeous (of course I've told you that before!! ;) )

I went into Porton for the first time in ages the other week, & there were some TINY bunnies, as in smaller than the piggies!

They were selling a little girl a rabbit for her birthday, & I didn't see them give out much information! (I'm a bit nosey)
You're right, even pets at home take details etc!

Still, Gandalf is lovely! Sorry about flopsy! x

Haha, thank you again! Ah yes, I saw some of the dwarf ones there when I got Gandalf. Yeah, the most they'll do is tell you what food they're eating (which was Guinea Pig food), won't even ask about cage size or anything. People bash Pets at Home, but at least they give lots of information and ask you lots of questions, like they actually care what happens to their animals. Even Pampurred Pets in Salisbury ring you up after a week or two to see how your animal is. It just makes me worry about what happens to them when they're taken home. He is hehe, and thanks. xx

Back