• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's coming home!

You paid £50 for a rabbit?! :shock: What's he made of, pure gold?!

Hope he settles in well. Have fun!

You paid £50 for a rabbit?! :shock: What's he made of, pure gold?!

Hope he settles in well. Have fun!

:lol: Gypsy cost me £50 too, I thought that was a reasonable price, however I haven't owned Rabbits for a long time so not sure what they cost. I went to this particular breeder because was a reputable one with a good name and reputation. I think she said she is BRC, not to sure what that is though.I cannot wait to see him, the day seems to be dragging on :lol:

Fantastic! I'm very excited for you. Can't wait to see some pics!

By the way Mr Higgins cost me £26 but I'd have paid £50 or more for him.

Fantastic! I'm very excited for you. Can't wait to see some pics!

By the way Mr Higgins cost me £26 but I'd have paid £50 or more for him.

Thank you :love: I love mine too, I just hope i get many years with them and get my moneys worth :lol: But in all seriousness I didn't hesitate to pay it because when I went to view them it was love at first sight :love: xx

:lol: Gypsy cost me £50 too, I thought that was a reasonable price, however I haven't owned Rabbits for a long time so not sure what they cost. I went to this particular breeder because was a reputable one with a good name and reputation. I think she said she is BRC, not to sure what that is though.I cannot wait to see him, the day seems to be dragging on :lol:

BRC is the British Rabbit Council. Anyone can join, you just have to pay a subscription :)

http://www.thebrc.org/

If she is BRC registered I would find out if he will have a metal ring on his leg. They are put on when they are young and can only be shown if they have this ring on. I've had a couple come in that have had rings on but have had them cut off during neutering. If you are not going to show him then I would make sure he doesn't have a ring on as they can cause problems later on and have to be cut off.

I paid £50 each for Daisy and Tessie from Barnsley Animal Charity. They came spayed and vaccinated. Great value imo.

I paid £16 each for Frosty and Snowflake from the local pet shop (before I realised about the rescue situation).

I paid £50 for Mottle and Peaches also neutered/spayed and vaccinated.

Autumn and Sunshine were £90 for the two of them. Neutered/spayed and vaccinated.

At least by going to a breeder you can see the conditions that the rabbits are kept in. F and S's breeder could have been awful for all I know.

Got a bit carried away with rabbit prices there. Looking forward to pics of your latest lovely.

No he hasn't got a ring on so thats good. Well I have him and he is so tiny, well at least compared to my other 2. she has offered to weigh him weekly for me but i have already ordered my own scales, she would expect him to be around 10 pounds when he reaches 6 months. Omg no wonder I love him so much, he is out of this world, simply beautiful. His eyes are still blue but they will go brown eventually but i kinda like his blue eyes :love:. His mummy and Daddy are gigantic :shock:, especially his daddy. His mummy is a blue butterfly i think she said and his daddy is a slander :love:. I am totally in love with him and feel more relaxed now he is home. so there you go, i now have my 3 Bunnies that i love dearly. It feels so good that he is home.

I'l pop a picky here for you all but i'l go and post some more in the photo forum as it might get a little pic heavy :lol: He is so photogenic. He has already eaten some Hay and bunny flopped :lol:

Well here is, my beautiful Bo-Jangles, French Lop and 8 weeks old today :love:

Last edited:
Wow he's simply gorgeous.

Thank You, I am so excited right now. I really feel like i have an exceptionally strong bond towards him but I expect it is because I saw him and watched him grow from a week old. He seems to have longer fur than Gypsy. xx

No he hasn't got a ring on so thats good. Well I have him and he is so tiny, well at least compared to my other 2. she has offered to weigh him weekly for me but i have already ordered my own scales, she would expect him to be around 10 pounds when he reaches 6 months. Omg no wonder I love him so much, he is out of this world, simply beautiful. His eyes are still blue but they will go brown eventually but i kinda like his blue eyes :love:. His mummy and Daddy are gigantic :shock:, especially his daddy. His mummy is a blue butterfly i think she said and his daddy is a slander :love:. I am totally in love with him and feel more relaxed now he is home. so there you go, i now have my 3 Bunnies that i love dearly. It feels so good that he is home.

I'l pop a picky here for you all but i'l go and post some more in the photo forum as it might get a little pic heavy :lol: He is so photogenic. He has already eaten some Hay and bunny flopped :lol:

Well here is, my beautiful Bo-Jangles, French Lop and 8 weeks old today :love:

He is lovely :love:

The BRC is the British Rabbit Council:

http://www.thebrc.org

Does your breeder show her rabbits as well as selling?

Back