• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie - 4 Cancer Lumps. Update - X-Ray Pics added

Herbie update...vets just called, they have given him his his leg and chest x-rays. Not great news, the leg tumor is too big to remove, it's not in the bone but it's too large to remove without leaving a massive wound that would probably need a skin graft. Also there are some abnormalities in his chest, they can't say that it would deffo be the cancer spreading but is likely. So I am bringing him home and just keeping him as happy as I can until his wee body has had enough.

I'm so sorry that the news wasn't better :( I would have made the same decision as you. Spoil him rotten until he indicates that he is not enjoying life anymore. Poor brave Herbie.

I'm really sorry it's not good news. At least now you know he's spared the trauma of recovery from surgery. He can just be spoilt for the rest of his days.

I'm sorry they couldn't operate . I really hope his quality of life continues for a good while yet. Yes..lots of treats for lovely Herbie x

Herbie update...vets just called, they have given him his his leg and chest x-rays. Not great news, the leg tumor is too big to remove, it's not in the bone but it's too large to remove without leaving a massive wound that would probably need a skin graft. Also there are some abnormalities in his chest, they can't say that it would deffo be the cancer spreading but is likely. So I am bringing him home and just keeping him as happy as I can until his wee body has had enough.

I am sorry that the news was not great. But as long as Herbie feels OK within himself he will have no idea that there is anything wrong. Living in the moment is so much harder for us to do as we do know.

I hope that Herbie has a good bit of time remaining yet xx

He will live out his days in luxury, no doubt :)

You have time to prepare for him leaving, which isn't easy, but you can bravely nurse this little soldier now, knowing the score xx

Sending hugs, Kermit x

Sending you hugs. I'm so sorry. There's not much we can say to help, but we can offer our support. I think you are making the right decision. X

Thanks folks xx

He is home now, but not been eating much at all. Just gave him some fibreplex. Will give him some recovery food if he has not eaten in a couple of hours. He did have a tiny bit of coriander, so maybe he is just drowsy.

Oh bless you both, I am sorry to hear the news was not better. :(
I would guess if he had sedation for the xrays he's going to be a bit off. Hope he picks up soon.
Herbie is in the best of hands and I know each day is even more precious now. I am thinking of you and sending my thoughts, prayers and hugs for you. xxxxxxxx

Just got the X-Ray images from my Vets of my wee Herbie and thought I would share them, you can see the lump on the leg and you can also see wee white abnormalities in his chest area. (Not so clear in the face down pic, but in the side view you can see)

The poor wee laddie :(

Thank you for posting Kermit. Thinking of you both and hope you can have a great time with him at home!

I am sorry you did not get better news regarding Herbie.
My hopes that you get a lot of quality time with him before he has to go away.
btw-Herbie looks la lot like my late Dancer and from his photo he knows he is a cutie.

Back