• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbie - 4 Cancer Lumps. Update - X-Ray Pics added

many well wishes & positive thoughts for wee Herbie & the surgery that can hopefully sort him out x

The big day is tomorrow. Herbs is getting his lumps and chest X-Rayed. If it has spread to his chest or if the lump on his leg are in the bone then he will just be coming home, otherwise they will try to take them off. I am a nervous wreck :(

The big day is tomorrow. Herbs is getting his lumps and chest X-Rayed. If it has spread to his chest or if the lump on his leg are in the bone then he will just be coming home, otherwise they will try to take them off. I am a nervous wreck :(

I hope he gets through the GA well, and that whatever happens, he has a brill quality of life with you for as long as it lasts.

Having nursed a cancer bunny, I feel for you xxx

Sending loads of the strongest vibes for the brave Herbie. I really hope they can remove the lumps tomorrow. Also sending lots of hugs for you.

Thanks folks for the vibes xx
Herbie is just having breakfast, really hoping for a wee miracle x

I am sorry to hear that more masses have appeared and that some seem to be fast growing.

What does your Vet advise re removing the masses ?

Removing them before they grow too big might be a good idea, especially the one near a leg joint. Sending them off for histology would probably give a more definitive diagnosis than the small samples originally sent. But a definitive diagnosis may not necessarily offer any treatment options.

I'd ask the Vet if removing the masses before they grow too much more might be the way to go, regardless of what the masses actually are. The bigger they grown the more tissue would need removing and the potential of the mass near a leg joint causing additional mobility problems may be something to consider too.

But of course my opinion is unqualified, your Vet may completely disagree.

Sending lots of vibes for Herbie xx

I agree with Jane that it may be best to have them removed before they get larger.

Over the years, I dealt with several cancerous tumors a couple non-cancerous tumors. The non-cancerous tumors looked like I put a ball under their skin. The 13 year old bunny had a non-cancerous tumor that grew quickly so by the time we decided surgery was needed at his age it was the size of a plum. He recovered well. Black Velvet had a cancerous tumor removed from the area between her leg and her body. The first time it was removed, it came back within a year. The second time it was removed she did not have it come back.
Good luck with your bunny.

Back