• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help to make my bunnies' lives better

I think most of you will agree with me, the OP's accommodation is great but could be improved.
Its great the OP has attached mesh on the fences to prevent buns from escaping or cats and dogs walking in. However a dog,cat or fox can jump over that. And if your buns are free ranging even though some one is supervising the predator could do the terrible deed faster than you could run outside.
I would recommend in making a big enclosure/run from the end of your fence to the end of your current hutches are placed. The space would be big :D
P.s .. Make sure to add a roof that can be lifted up so you walk over into the run instead of crawling in :D

re: things to put in the run - how about some of these - bunnies like to nap under them then sit on top - and if you put several against each other it's like a tunnel :)

As you have a big giant, he/she will struggle in the pet made tunnels, as suggested large boxes, you could attch them or I have bought the material 'pop up' toy bins, I just cut a hole in the bottom and around the top makes a great tunnel for a couple of quid, I got mine from Morrisons ;)
Great run space btw :D

I have a french lop bonded with 3 smaller buns, ones a minilop :) i found him to be the most laid back about it, its normally the smaller buns that are fiesty! Just be careful with birds of prey, i let mine free range but only when im out actually in the garden and i have 6ft fences in a residential area where ive never seen a fox but i wouldnt like to risk it. Mine like stools to jump on, big flower pots, storage boxes/baskets filled with hay. My frenchie can squeeze through the pah tunnels, have a look on ebay.

Thank you once again for the responses.

When the weather get nicer and I have some more money, I will be working out ways to make it more safer but for now, they will have a lot of tunnels, stools, tunnels, flower pots, baskets, old hutches, a pop up bin (thanks for this suggestion!)

I am off to Pet at home and Wilkinson this afternoon :) and when I have put more items in, I might post some photos on.

Would a one man tent by okay or would this be too scary?

Thank you once again for the responses.

When the weather get nicer and I have some more money, I will be working out ways to make it more safer but for now, they will have a lot of tunnels, stools, tunnels, flower pots, baskets, old hutches, a pop up bin (thanks for this suggestion!)

I am off to Pet at home and Wilkinson this afternoon :) and when I have put more items in, I might post some photos on.

Would a one man tent by okay or would this be too scary?

I think with anything like this you just need to be careful re. them nibbling the material and the wire that is used to hold things up/make things rigid i.e the pop up bags. They are fine if they don't chew though! :wave:

Back