• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Please! Wilm is in stasis :( U/D He's ok :D

When my freeda was in stasis he told me to give her 5ml of pineapple juice not from concentrate as there is something in the pineapple wich stimulates the gut. Also hawthorn leaves are good for this. Hope he's on the mend soon.xx

my first indication (that i notice) with alvin is the lack of interest in pellets... really strange and scary :( he then goes crazy for bramble and hawthorn leaves

Alvin sounds like a clever bunny who knows what he needs to eat to help himself get better- I suspect many bunnies would benefit from being able to choose the plants they need to help themselves feel better (just look at Judy's Thumper).
If available would also offer try to offer willow for it's natural anti-inflammatory properties, fennel for it's gut soothing properties (offer some cooled herbal teas maybe) and hawthorn leaves as they seem to be very palatable at the moment xx

Thanks everyone, still no nibbling :( He is drinking still but looks miserable. I've just been chasing him round again and he's not impressed. I really hope I'm not going to lose him, he's been in stasis before and I've always managed to bring him round but I'm very worried this time :(

Sorry to hear he hasn't nibbled anything yet. The fact that he's drinking is a good sign; I should think he might start being interested in food before too long.

It's SO horrible having a bunny in stasis - I really feel for you. I think it's one of the most stressful things I've gone through, bunny-wise.

Nibbling vibes being sent. x

Aw was just looking for this thread to see how Wilm was doing! Am so pleased he's ok now, bless him.

We planted a mostly hawthorn hedge and have just planted a small bramble plant - thought it may be handy to have these plants around!

Aw was just looking for this thread to see how Wilm was doing! Am so pleased he's ok now, bless him.

We planted a mostly hawthorn hedge and have just planted a small bramble plant - thought it may be handy to have these plants around!

That's a good idea, I didn't realise hawthorn was so good, I'd just been using dandelions as he loves them. He's done 3 big splodgy poos and is now back to pooping as normal so hopefully he will be ok :)

That's a good idea, I didn't realise hawthorn was so good, I'd just been using dandelions as he loves them. He's done 3 big splodgy poos and is now back to pooping as normal so hopefully he will be ok :)

Well if you decide to (and you could have just a couple of small 'hawthorn bushes' if you wanted to have them) it will soon be 'hedge and tree planting' season - when everything's gone dormant around October / November.

We ordered our plants off the web - Buckingham Nurseries - fantastic quality! In it's second year our hedge is about 5 - 6 ft tall!! :shock:

Back