• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP please what variety/sort do you think this bunny is (Pic added)

not sure what he is apart from a rabbit :D

you'll probably find a butterfly marked lop in rescue if you look and if that is what you are after..better than lining the pocket of a BYB :D

That second blue butterfly looks very thin!! :(:(

They certainly look like Frenchies, with their features....especially with that smooshy face! :love::love: The first boy doesn't have butterfly markings. My River is a black butterfly Frenchie.

without going into the fact he looks to be in poor condition for a frenchie... hes an iron grey butterfly or possibly a seal point butterfly.... these are very pale colours so the butterfly markings are less pronounced, he has white front legs and shoulders which would be cream in a either of those colour, he will have a white belly which would be grey in an iron grey (hard to tell which he is without a belly colour) and he has some white markings around his smut (whisker area), a butterfly is just ANY solid colour broken with white, to show they have to have very specific markings, but the term is still used to describe any lops with white markings, the pattern is more obvious on dark coloured animals such as black or blue as the contrast with the white is greater, but you can just as much get it on the pale grey / cream animals its just harder to tell

without going into the fact he looks to be in poor condition for a frenchie... hes an iron grey butterfly or possibly a seal point butterfly.... these are very pale colours so the butterfly markings are less pronounced, he has white front legs and shoulders which would be cream in a either of those colour, he will have a white belly which would be grey in an iron grey (hard to tell which he is without a belly colour) and he has some white markings around his smut (whisker area), a butterfly is just ANY solid colour broken with white, to show they have to have very specific markings, but the term is still used to describe any lops with white markings, the pattern is more obvious on dark coloured animals such as black or blue as the contrast with the white is greater, but you can just as much get it on the pale grey / cream animals its just harder to tell

You're right. It looks like a bad moult line unless you look closely, where you can see the butterfly markings.

....Why do you want to know, Sazzy? :)

First off i'm not buying him i just seen him on a for sale page and was wondering what he was as the owner said he was a butterfly lop but i didn't think he was a butterfly

does it matter where bunny comes from to be fair wether its a pet shop bought bunny, free ad bunny, breeder bun or a rescue bunny it still needs somewhere to call home and still deserve someone who loves and cares for them. petsshop buns breeder buns and free ad buns 8 out of 10 end up either passed from pillar to post or end up in rescue or even work that poorly they pass away or end up living there lifes unhappy in tiny hutches, im not in any way shape or form slaggin rescues off as i think they are amazing at what they do. and if it wasnt for them the bunny situation would be so much worse. my 2 are 1 from a breeder other is from p&h adoption, it doesnt mean i wouldnt love and spoil a rescue bunny ay more or less than them. i adore my bunnies and will do anything for them.
im sorry if i seem abit offensive im not i just think EVERY bunny needs that person who loves them and get the care and attention they deserve.

does it matter where bunny comes from to be fair wether its a pet shop bought bunny, free ad bunny, breeder bun or a rescue bunny it still needs somewhere to call home and still deserve someone who loves and cares for them. petsshop buns breeder buns and free ad buns 8 out of 10 end up either passed from pillar to post or end up in rescue or even work that poorly they pass away or end up living there lifes unhappy in tiny hutches, im not in any way shape or form slaggin rescues off as i think they are amazing at what they do. and if it wasnt for them the bunny situation would be so much worse. my 2 are 1 from a breeder other is from p&h adoption, it doesnt mean i wouldnt love and spoil a rescue bunny ay more or less than them. i adore my bunnies and will do anything for them.
im sorry if i seem abit offensive im not i just think EVERY bunny needs that person who loves them and get the care and attention they deserve.

Buying a rabbit from these places only encourages them to breed more. You might think you're "saving" the bun but actually you're just freeing space for more babies to come along into appalling conditions. They're not vaccinated, neutered or health checked. Generally they're not loved....! Why would you want more rabbits to suffer that. It's hard to say no, but if there's no demand for these rabbits then they'll stop breeding them.

but some breeders will and do free up there own space by culling poor defenceless bunnies, i know because i used to breed and show(not proud of it but i did it) i bred show type and got lovely homes for my bunnies, they always went on pairs and i get updates regular, but i also knew lots of other breeders in the show world (not saying all do but some) cull there stock to keep back babies

But if no one buys their "stock" then they'll stop breeding full stop. The people "saving" these buns are just helping the poor mummy buns be breeding machines, so the "breeder" can make a small amount of money.

GOOD breeders don't/won't cull, don't overbreed and care about the welfare of their rabbits. Anyone who would cull their rabbits should be stayed well away from.

Back