• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP...Ollie not eating...U/D my baby has gone to the bridge

I'm sorry I haven't updated sooner. My gorgeous girly went to the bridge at 1350. I've been a wreck all day and didn't want to post anything till I had spoken to Kris.
Vet did the xrays and they showed a massive internal blockage. I was given the option to let her go there and then or try to operate to see if they could save her.
I chose to have them operate but she didn't make it through.
I bought her home so that Blue and I could say goodbye. Left them in the kitchen on their own for a bit and went back in to find him washing her face which broke my heart even more.
She's gone to be cremated and I'll be having her back so she will always be with me.
she only shared our lives and hearts for 3 months but there will always be an Ollie shaped piece of me missing.
Binky free my darling Ollie bob. Mummy see you again one day.

My heart goes out to you. I hope in time your happy memories will ease your sadness.

Big hugs to you x x x

I'm so, so sorry. :cry:

I'm in tears myself - especially at reading your description of Blue washing her. :cry:

What an awful shock for you. Sending gentle nose rubs to Blue - I hope he will be ok. Hugs to you x

Have only just seen this, is frightening how fast they can go down hill, I'm so so sorry hun. Binky free Ollie sweetie, and lots of nose rubs for Blue xx

Oh hun I am so, so sorry to hear this :( Ollie was such an absolute darling and you must be absolutely devastated to lose her so soon after her coming into your and Blue's life. You're a wonderful bunny mummy and did everything you could for her, but these bunnies are so fragile sometimes we just cannot help them no matter how hard we try.

Big hugs to you and Blue xxx

Thank you all so much for your kind words.
I feel so guilty in that I should have noticed sooner that there was something wrong, but she had been eating and pooing fine the night before. Vet said that with an impaction as big as hers she wouldn't have pooed for the last 2-3 days. Last night she left a lovely little pile on the sofa.......
I just feel so shocked and empty.
Blue keeps looking for her and then coming over for nose rubs. I wish there was some way I could tell him what has happened.
I can't help feeling that I've let her down :cry:

It is not your fault...bunnies are so, so clever at hiding how poorly they are.
Ollie was ready to pass on and it was not your fault that this occurred. take care x

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry that you've lost your beautiful Ollie :cry:

Please don't think you've let her down, because you haven't in anyway - she couldn't have wished for a better bunny mummy. You did everything you could for her.

Sending you ((((hugs)))) at this difficult time to keep you & Blue strong xxx

Back