• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, OH has 'rescued' a rabbit - worried sick - another update p75 more piccies!!

mad bunny woman here nahhhhhhh,

might be worth getting some dried herbs or somthing from P@H just to make the food more appealing to encourage to eat,

would a bun still need mothers milk at around 5 weeks ?? im not sure

I agree it depends on the bunny. I think if you find it comforts him to be rested on you, then that's fine, but its not the right time to try and get him used to something that he doesn't find comfortable. I would leave that until he is older and has settled.

He or she is so beautiful :love::love::love::love:

What about Junior? Its unisex and it begins with J :D

Youre doing a really good job! Moar piccies :love:

He or she is so beautiful :love::love::love::love:

What about Junior? Its unisex and it begins with J :D

Youre doing a really good job! Moar piccies :love:

Okay, how much has my OH paid you?!! I'll pay double!! That's so funny, because he is insisting on calling him Junior lol!! We're having conversations where I say "aww Nutmegs on the snugglesafe" and he replies "has Junior eaten his nuggets?" :lol::lol::lol:

Okay, how much has my OH paid you?!! I'll pay double!! That's so funny, because he is insisting on calling him Junior lol!! We're having conversations where I say "aww Nutmegs on the snugglesafe" and he replies "has Junior eaten his nuggets?" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

:lol::lol: Thats so sweet, i think! Hes obviously in love with Junior/Nutmeg toooo! But as your the boss ;) you have the choice :D

Oooh, also, s/he just looks like my benji when i first got him and he was 8 weeks, but i think s/he looks a little younger so i'd say about 6 weeks?

Last edited:
Oh just seen this how cute is he/she, and well done to both of you for rescuing and taking care of the baby bun :love::love:

What about 'Jamie' as a name can be for a girl or boy :)

Just thought I'd update on little Nutmeg :wave: I was hoping for some more photos but she's taken to sitting in her little box (fosters lager fridge pack box with one end and a doorway cut out in the side :lol:) and only coming out when no-ones looking, the minute you move she's back in there like a shot!

There has been some small little glimmers of progress though, like she will take bits of dried dandelion and the odd nugget out of my hand occasionally, and if i sit next to her cage long enough she will sometimes come out and eat and drink in front of me.

I'm not touching her at the moment, just trying the hand feeding and when thats more regular and she approaches me I'll try a little noserub and see what happens.

I wish she wasn't so frightened and scared :( i think its going to be a long slow process getting her to come out of her shell but i'm hoping that eventually given time she will and that before long that instead of the crinkle of the dandelion packet making her jump and tremble it gets the same reaction as I get from the other two, which is them jumping up and down trying to wedge their heads in the bag :roll::lol:

When she loses her camera shyness and I eventually get a shot of her I will pop them on straight away :)

Good to see an update on little Nutmeg. :wave: It sounds as if she is beginning to settle - well done for taking it slowly with her. It will be lovely to see more pics, but only when you are sure she's ready.

Another little update on Nutmeg, she let me give her a noserub this morning!!! A very very brief one and she did have a mouthful of dandelion at the time, but a noserub all the same :) She's still very jumpy but i can see a slight improvement so going in the right direction. She's been using her hayrack, throwing hay and straw all over her house like all good rabbits do :lol: and has been sitting on top of her Fosters box too having a nosey at whats going on.

I got a few piccies tonight, here they are:

oh and for Petplan purposes, could anyone have a stab at what make and model of rabbit you think she is please?, I dont think she's a nethie dwarf is she because her nose is a bit too pointed and ears possibly a bit too big?? Jessies nose is more squidged flat.. what do you reckon?

Nutmega.jpg

Nutmegf.jpg

Nutmege.jpg

Nutmegd.jpg

Nutmegc.jpg

:love: What a heartwarming story. Sorry can't help with the breed - my first thought was that he/she looks to have some wildie in him/her x

Back