• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, OH has 'rescued' a rabbit - worried sick - another update p75 more piccies!!

Thanks guys, thank goodness for RU and all the help! I'll nip out now to the shed and get some hay and pop it on the floor - is Nutmeg too young to have some burns meadow herb mix or any dried plantain/dandelion mixed in to encourage hay eating? :wave:

Awwww :love: just like my Parsnip when he was ickle!

Tbh... I'd tend to agree with Sky-O. Our babies were around 5ish weeks when they looked that big :) By the time they were 8 weeks, they couldn't fit into my hands like he/she can! (i have teeny hands too :D )

AMAZING job rescuing him/her :D

Soooo bootiful :D

:love::love::love:

Thanks guys, thank goodness for RU and all the help! I'll nip out now to the shed and get some hay and pop it on the floor - is Nutmeg too young to have some burns meadow herb mix or any dried plantain/dandelion mixed in to encourage hay eating? :wave:

I gave my babies some herbs etc but that was due to mum already having them and they had them from the moment they could eat solids.
I'd say no personally atm... but other people may say different :wave:

Aww 5 weeks thats too young isn't it :( I hope the poor little thing is going to be okay. I've put a nice wodge of meadow hay all around where s/he's sitting in that corner so it's like a little nest. I wish s/he could know that they don't have to be so frightened, it's such a shame to see, it'll take time but hopefully I'll gain his/her trust before long ;)

i agree with putting some hay or on the floor, or in large shoe box etc then cover half the cage with a towel or blanket, buns in strange new places feel safe in small dark spaces until they get used to you

he/she needs somthing to snuggle into, burying themselves in a ball of hay helps

only temporary, im sure the poor buns was used to a tiny space, suddely put in a larger area scares them witless,

Linus was in a cardboard box ( on its side free to free range ) in my kitchen for a week refused to come out only to feed and drink, only felt safe when i enclosed an area before i went to bed

the toy is very cute too :love:

Last edited:
Squeeee:love: What a gorgeous bunster. I like the name Nutmeg and think it suits your tiny furball.

I want a clone of your OH. Does he have a single brother in his 50s at all? If so, can I PM you my address so you can pack him up and post him to me?:lol:

Squeeee:love: What a gorgeous bunster. I like the name Nutmeg and think it suits your tiny furball.

I want a clone of your OH. Does he have a single brother in his 50s at all? If so, can I PM you my address so you can pack him up and post him to me?:lol:

You can have the original if you like lol :lol::lol: Hr's 37 but he loves watching Bullseye and he's taken to buying gadgets lately so could pass for 50 hee hee :lol:

Morning update on Nutmeg:

I tiptoed down the stairs this morning and caught him/her snuggled up to the cuddly toy on the snugglesafe :love::love::love:

The remaining 10 nugets had gone and so had some water out of the bowl, the bottle hadn't been used so glad I put both in. There were quite a few poos but sooo tiny, they're quite hard to spot but they're there.

I had to move him/her off the snugglesafe so I could exchange it for a warm one, but I put the new one back in the original ones cover so the same smell, poor little thing was terrified again and cowered in the corner, but by the time I left for work was reinstated on the snugglesafe again. I ate my toast next to the cage to try and get him/her used to me.

I've put some fresh water in and 14 nuggets - I don't want to overload with nuggets as don't know what the previous diet was, but don't want him/her to go hungry either as doesn't seem to be showing any interest in the hay...

There's no on in today so hopefully the peace and quiet will allow for some relaxing and some sleep.

I couldn't look Joejoe and Jess in the eye this morning, i feel like I'm cheating on them or something with this new bun indoors :oops:

You're doing a grand job :)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but make sure you are quarantining this bunny from your others (including thinking about 'the invisibles' that can be transmitted on your hands, clothes, feet, etc).

When we got Bailey I am pretty sure he was too young. He was so scared he wouldn't move from one little corner. He seemed to find sleeping on my chest so he could feel my heartbeat comforting.

He's adorable. I kind of half wish I could accidently stumble on a rabbit to rescue, as it'd be a good excuse for me to get a third :lol:

awww poor wee bun.
glad its with you safe and sound. dont be too sure on sex yet i had a nightmare with my guys we thought they where all girls up till 8 weeks old :)

Thanks Sky-O, I've been washing my hands before going between buns, i must admit i didn't think of shoes, but luckily i've not stood inside Joejoe & Jessies run since last night but will use my new flip-flops for them so no cross-contamination.

yes it is a worry what on earth has terrified the poor little mite so badly, the journey yesterday won't have helped either tbh but I'm hoping things will improve soon. Thats a good idea about sleeping by your heartbeat Amy104, funnily enough when I transferred Nutmeg from the box to the cage yesterday I snuck a little cuddle in on my chest and s/he did settle - just not sure whether it's more traumatic to keep picking him/her up but also get them used to being handled or whether best just to leave well alone for a while??

Mattyp - I must admit, i've wanted more buns but my practical head said no, can't afford it etc but now Nutmegs here we'll just have to deal with it - and here begins the slow descent (or ascent lol) to becoming a mad bunnywoman!! :lol::lol::lol:

just not sure whether it's more traumatic to keep picking him/her up but also get them used to being handled or whether best just to leave well alone for a while??

Depends on the bunny I guess. For the first week or so it was the only thing that seemed to comfort Bailey. I work so he was left quitely all day then had a cuddle and reasurrance in the eve.

Back