• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, OH has 'rescued' a rabbit - worried sick - another update p75 more piccies!!

Well, I got home tonight to find one frightened little bunbun cowering in the corner of it's box, so as quick as I could I got the smaller of my two indoor cages ready, I thought it would be more snug to start with, then can upgrade to the big one at a a later stage.

He/she is so little, although not much smaller than I think Jess was when we first got her and she was supposed to be 9 weeks old so I am hoping this one is 8 weeks, but obviously no way of knowing for sure.

We've no idea what they were eating before, so i've put 12 excel junior nuggets in a dish, a rack full of excel forage, a water bottle and a water bowl.

I've put a little hidey box in there and a jingle bell ball - great idea about the snugglesafe Sky-O, will wamr one up in a mo and pop it in.

At they moment he/she keeps venturing out and having a little wander around the cage but as soon as he/she sees you scampers back in the corner.

It doesn't look like an Enrique now I've seen him/her and Paul thinks that as Joejoe and Jess both begin with J we should do the same with this one, but I don't mind really, I need a unisex name that suits his/her character as I don't know what the gender is.

Anyway, I know what you are really waiting for are pictures so here are two we took (without flash, the lights from the fish tank) as I was transferring the little one from box to cage, it looks quite big but it's tiny, I don't have massive hands :shock::lol:

I absolutely :love: it already, how buns can get in your heart eh?!

Oooh!!! - We have poos, they are microscopic, only a few mm's across and very dark but it's a start, plus 2 nuggets have gone :D

newbun2.jpg

Newbun.jpg

Last edited:
Eeeepp!! He / she is gorgeous!! :love::love::love: xx

Sending tons of thriving-bun-vibes - and agree with everyone else - what a lovely OH you have! Bless him!

Well done to both of you for taking baby bun' on. No idea about names though! Jack?? (Could be a Jackie lol!) But then I just think it's a great name so am horribly biased! ;)

:love: Its luscious. Intake and output is good, whatever it is :)

S/he looks maybe about 5 weeks or so- in the rangey phase when its nose and ears are long and its feet are big.

aww well done to you OH for being so thoughtful!

She looks like a she! (her eyes are like girly haha) I would call her Hazel! If she's a girl!

http://www.babynames.com/Names/h/?starts=H&gender=E I found this link on unisex names with a H.

Your bunnies have J names though - so it's worse than useless! But sure you can navigate to the J section! (don't know where I got H from!)

Hope she settles ok! xx

Thanks for all your positive thoughts and tips and name suggestions :wave:

I'm leaning towards Nutmeg at the moment, I know it's not a J, and I'll keep looking for J ones (I shall go on that website SamanthaJane!) but Nutmeg just came to me.

I've popped a cuddly stuffed bunny in there (felt a bit mean as had to snip off it's plastic whiskers :shock: :oops:) and a snugglesafe.

Nutmeg1.jpg

Nutmeg2.jpg

Can I make a suggestion? Would it be better to put some hay on the floor? He looks too scared to reach up and grab it. :( Just until he's a little more comfortable? :) Lovely setup though.

Jones
Jazz
Jelly
Java
Jedi

Aww such a darling! and yh maybe put some hay on the cage floor, and bun might feel more safe under the hay out of sight untill he is more confident!

Back