• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help..... me.......

Aww he's so cute i'm not 1 for gerbil since i was bitten by 1 when i was 4 but he is gorgeous :love:

Buddy went through quite a nippy stage I must admit :shock: but we spent ages hand taming him and he's a much friendlier chap now. His brother, Murphy, is just adorable and he used to sit in our hands and vibrate (the gerbil equivalent of a bunny tooth purring) and it was so sweet. :love:

Have you seen some of the fantastic playgrounds for hamsters on zooplus?
ooh could you link me? my mice are in need of some new toys!

hamsters are pretty low maintenance and inexpensive so if you want one and there is one in need then I'd go for it :)

Buddy went through quite a nippy stage I must admit :shock: but we spent ages hand taming him and he's a much friendlier chap now. His brother, Murphy, is just adorable and he used to sit in our hands and vibrate (the gerbil equivalent of a bunny tooth purring) and it was so sweet. :love:

Do Gerbils like to dig? What kind of a set up do they need?

Rescue not open til 11. I might just ring for a chat with Cerys.... just a friendly hello! And I might just take up a pressie for the bunnies.... some hay maybe, and I might just take a wander round the small animal area, and maybe just have a wee look......

OOOOOHHHHHHHH 10 mins to go till they open :p

Do Gerbils like to dig? What kind of a set up do they need?

Yep, they love, love, love to dig and tunnel. :love: A large tank or bin cage with lots of digging material (we use megazorb and hay). They're sociable animals, so need to be in pairs or groups.

Are you thinking of making Susan a gerbil auntie after all? :lol:

Buddy said he would gladly be your nephew if Benson and Lola's mummy is too mean to make you a gerbil auntie. ;) :lol:

DSCF9833700x525.jpg

You would have to be auntie to his brother, Murphy, too though.

:thumb: No offence to hamsters, but there is just something so very gerbily about a gerbil. Goodness, if Buddy is the haelthy gerbil he looks, Bouncer really was fat!

11.00 o'clock I really hope they get a hammy i love hammys :love::love:

Now all we have to do is wait for a update and hopefully piccies :D

Back