• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

:wave: Hello folks! Iv recently acuired a bun, well he sort of chose me really (I work in pets@home and he stole my heart with his cheekyness!) Albert is a 6 month old white lop (helicopter ears have set in this week lol) he is booked in to be neutored this friday and iv got my eye on a beautiful girl for a wifey if all goes well.......i know to wait to start bonding to be sure all his swimmers have gone, ill wait until any possible wifeys are spayed for optimum results!......im nervous about his op friday, what can I expect following the aneasthetic?
Nice to meet you all, Ill post pics of Albert asap :D

OMG working in a pet shop must be soooooooooooooo tempting. My first two rabbits (as an adult) Frosty and Snowflake came from a pet shop (impulse buy - oh God the cuteness). They were fine after their castrations. I was advised to keep hay in racks (so as not to risk spiking their wounds) and give soft bedding (they had newspaper).

Snowflake took a couple of days to get back to normal behaviour but Frosty bounced back within the day.

They gave pain killer injection, dont remember if I had extra to take home.

Sure there is lots of other stuff but it was fine.

Lots of knowledgeable people on here so you are bound to get a sensible answer or more soon.

Look forward to pics of your Albert. Daisy (in sig) has ears that are semi lopped, very cute.

OMG working in a pet shop must be soooooooooooooo tempting.

Albert was from the 'Adoption for pets' section so not really a pet shop bun, his potential wife is also in there too, im just waiting until Alberts outdoor setup (playhouse/run) is set up on the weekend before I bring her home, she will take his current cage until speyed and bonded, hoping that all goes well! thanks for the welcomes :)

Back