• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heh, thwarted again.

Yeh lop-eareds are gorgeous I have one and she is ever so friendly other than that I am afraid the only thing to do is to be patient and keep hunting :D I'm going to be rehoming mine and my sisters rabbit but we live down South so are probably a bit far away sorry :(

Esther x

I wondered if it was very specific. But there are lots of breeds - and mongrels - who are uppity eared and not remotely long haired. I just don't seem to be able to find any near me, which is why it's frustrating. Considering I only intend to own two bunnies at any one time, I don't want to get a rabbit I'm not 100% sure of. I don't dislike lops or lionheads on any personal level - we all have a favourite breed and a not so favourite breed. I've never been crazy over lop eared bunnies - but I've known a few owned by friends who were lovely, in their own way. I just want a uppity eared, 'normal' furred rabbit.

& I was looking at Victoria earlier. ^^ She looks a lot like the rabbit I was going to adopt, but who died. I think she's too far away, though..

To be honest I have never been part of a bunny run, I think its basically volunteers drive the bun to you but if you contacted the rescue Im sure they would give you lots of information so you can have a think and decide! Let us know what you decide to do!!!

I count 4 spayed upeared does on Tameside Rescue's website as of Mon 23/7 :? (link below)
Why not give Elaine a call for the latest situation?

Mike

You're not reading what I've typed. I don't believe I'm being superficial. Unlike some people who have the ability to own large groups and adopt further rabbits at a later date, I'll be unable to do that. I'll only be owning two rabbits. I'd like those two rabbits to be breeds of rabbits I like quite a lot. Plenty of people go to sanctuaries, or even buy pets with a certain breed in mind.

& I'm phoning the RSPCA centre later today. If that doesn't work, I shall contact Elaine again. :)

I have to say I never wanted a loppy bunny either - don't know why but I prefer uppy eared - I got Maa as a job lot with 4 uppy eared daughters, but she's gone from being my least favourite to being my most favourite - she has such a lovely temperament and with her 'spaniel' ears when she begs for food she looks so cute, like a little cocker spaniel puppy! :lol:

Back