• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing vibes needed :-( U/D 6.20pm Weedie's home! :-)

Any update on Weedie yet? I'm sure he'll feel much more comfortable once all of the damaged leg is removed. xxx

Just got back from collecting him from the vets! :D He's really liveley and seemed happy to see me :D He's already tucking into some spring green, carrot and hay :D :D I'm keeping him inside overnight so I can monitor his weeing and pooing but so far the signs are good :D :D

Got to take him back on Friday for re-examination - his poor little leg does look pathetic while it's all shaved up but I'm sure when the fur grows back it'll be fine. They amputated just below the hock.

I'm just amazed how quickly he's bounced back considering he only he his op this afternoon!

Thanks everyone for all your kind messages and good luck vibes - they definitely helped both me and Weedie. Bless you all. :lol: :lol:

Why did they not take the whole thing off.

Sorry but i see no point in having half a leg they tend to end up with damage to the stump that's left.

Having said that i hope that he recovers well.

Well I sincerely hope he will recover well. The vet said they'd take as much as they needed to to ensure he'd recover well. We have to go back for a check-up on Friday so I hope he continues to progress. My only worry is if he chews at the stump overnight, but short of staying up all night watching him after 2 sleepless nights already I don't know what else I can do.

He's happy, eating well, playing, pooing and weeing so I reckon we've done ok so far..... keeping everything crossed that it continues that way...

My Fingers are crossed for this little fella! Hope he make a speedy recovery! Poor Thing! :love:

m
xx

He's one very happy bunster this morning! :D racing round and binkying for all he's worth! Reckon he's glad to be home! :D Bundle is being very protective of him, bless her, she's staying close to him and keeps giving him a little nuzzle :D I'm so relieved and the wound looks fine - I was worried in case he had a chew at it but it's clean and dry and looking good. Check-up at the vets tomorrow night but all looks good so far :D :D :D

I have only just read your thread. Poor Weedie :( So glad that he has bounced back so quickly.

Sending healing vibes to him ))))))))))))))))))

Julia xx

Back