• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cookie is very worried

KCG

Warren Veteran
5 minutes ago, Cookie stamped his foots on the ground 3 times and started looking around anxiously. He continues to look around anxiously for more than 5 minutes and he won't let me touch him, he doesn't look comfortable at all, but there is no noise in the surroundings or in the house. I don't understand what's going on☹️

This situation has been going on for 40 minutes and I'm confused about what to do..
I'm going to put him in the pet park now but I'm afraid he'll be this anxious all night.

There's clearly something that he can sense, but you can't. As you know, my bunnies live outside in a shed and this has happened on occasion previously here. I would definitely put him in the pet park, where he might feel less concerned. I think I might also try to distract him with some food. As long as there is nothing for him to be afraid of, I would not worry and think he will relax.

Hope he returns to his normal self soon.

Reactions: KCG
There's clearly something that he can sense, but you can't. As you know, my bunnies live outside in a shed and this has happened on occasion previously here. I would definitely put him in the pet park, where he might feel less concerned. I think I might also try to distract him with some food. As long as there is nothing for him to be afraid of, I would not worry and think he will relax.

Hope he returns to his normal self soon.
Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, putting him in the pet park helped him and he was more interested in eating and was calmer. 🩷🩷

Mine sometimes stomp and once one starts the others stomp too.
I am glad Cookie felt safer in his pet park.with some food to distract him. He is very handsome! He matches your decor!😀

Hope Cookie has settled back down now. Has it been windy where you are ? may have spooked him.

Mine sometimes stomp and once one starts the others stomp too.
I am glad Cookie felt safer in his pet park.with some food to distract him. He is very handsome! He matches your decor!😀
Hahahaha I can't think when the two are together omg 😂😂 It was the first time I saw Cookie so worried, he didn't even react like that to fireworks, it was even different than fear, like a very high alert so I was surprised. I was confused about what to do, I had read about it in theory but I saw it in practice for the first time. And I feel sad when I can't help him at such moments, but the pet park did the work, Grace was the first to give advice me about this and Omi gave good advice, thank you very much for your thoughts too 😊😊🩷🩷

Hope Cookie has settled back down now. Has it been windy where you are ? may have spooked him.
Yes, he is completely normal today, but there was no wind, there was no factor, even the windows were closed, so I didn't understand why, but I guess I will never know. Thank you for asking 🩷🩷

They can hear things we can't and feel vibrations we can't.They are super alert as a prey species to any "danger".My bridge pair would sleep through loud fireworks too.Yet sometimes they would thump and spook at something I didn't see or hear.

They can hear things we can't and feel vibrations we can't.They are super alert as a prey species to any "danger".My bridge pair would sleep through loud fireworks too.Yet sometimes they would thump and spook at something I didn't see or hear.
Haha yes I wonder what they really feel or hear? As someone who was born and raised in an earthquake country, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw Cookie like that yesterday was the fear of "I wonder if there will be an earthquake?" 😬😂 However, even though I knew that there were no active faults in Europe, this was the first thing that came to my mind. Because we know that animals hear the sounds of ground movements minutes before the earthquake in Turkey. That's why I was worried along with Cookie, he triggered me too 😬😂

It's sometimes wiered to what they react. None of my rabbits ever cared much about noise, chopping wood, working with the chainsaw, dropping a pan - doesn't matter. Pacino is from a completly different line, has some angora in him, and different behaviour. He's ok with fireworks and such, but totally freaks out from the sizzling when I drop onions or whatever into the hot pan, have to lock him out of the kitchen when I'm doing that...

It's sometimes wiered to what they react. None of my rabbits ever cared much about noise, chopping wood, working with the chainsaw, dropping a pan - doesn't matter. Pacino is from a completly different line, has some angora in him, and different behaviour. He's ok with fireworks and such, but totally freaks out from the sizzling when I drop onions or whatever into the hot pan, have to lock him out of the kitchen when I'm doing that...
My Heidi is afraid of the rustling sound of bin bags. I have no idea why.
Ohh bunnies what strange fears and anxieties they all have 😅

Back