• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a bad time bonding! UD post 39 - Good news!!

They have just been seperated :cry: Had a major fight, 3 bunnies boxing isnt good! They were all on their back legs, like boxing :(

Ive put Phoenix and Indi in a large indoor pen, and Kylo is in the puppy pen. Phoenix and Indi are still fighting even though Kylo is now moved away :(

I will attempt it again in a few days when i have a helper! My finger is killing and i have a very bad headache! xXx

:( Silly bunnies misbehaving!

Hope your finger gets better soon Hun

Xx

sorry to hear its not worked out.
bonding is so stressful.
try in a few days when everybun has calmed down.

when i bonded violet and ollie, i struggled first time round.
tried again day after and eventually they bonded.....

good luck, in meantime get a glass of wine :lol: :wave:

ohhh noo, Im sorry it didnt work - your poor finger! - on the subject can I ask your advice as my 2 have just had a fight - is it the right thing to put them straight back together again?? they seem ok though a little suspicious of each other! :? When is the time to split?? when they are chasing and you can see it escalating or only in a full on fight?? Ive just scattered pellets to keep them occupied and they are eating together fine etc - hope they get back to normal!

flipping bunnies :roll:

ohhh noo, Im sorry it didnt work - your poor finger! - on the subject can I ask your advice as my 2 have just had a fight - is it the right thing to put them straight back together again?? they seem ok though a little suspicious of each other! :? When is the time to split?? when they are chasing and you can see it escalating or only in a full on fight?? Ive just scattered pellets to keep them occupied and they are eating together fine etc - hope they get back to normal!

flipping bunnies :roll:

Ahh dear :( These buns have fought a fair few times this afternoon, but the last fight was very bad! If the fighting is bad id seperate and re-try again tomorrow. Are you sitting with them? Do they normally eat banana? You could put that on their heads to encourage grooming :) May work? Either that or you could put them in the carrier, put the washer on a spin and put them onto of it... :) I hope your buns get back together!! Its horrible when they fall out :(

Splitting them really is a last resort thing :( Indi is just way too stressed, shes even flinching when Phoenix is near her now :cry:

If they are fighting that badly I think they need separating. Personally I wouldnt try again. They have made their feelings clear and could do some real damage.

If they are fighting that badly I think they need separating. Personally I wouldnt try again. They have made their feelings clear and could do some real damage.

I tend to agree with this. Indie and Phoenix are an established bonded pair and it would be awful if they fell out and Vikki ended up with 3 seperate bunnies :(

I have just stopped bonding for now with Frank and Daisy. Frank is being very aggressive for no reason to Daisy. She is sound a sleep most of the time and he will suddenly run over and tear a chunk out of her :roll: Neither of them need this at their age or with their health problems I will try for a few hours again tomorrow to see if there is any improvement :? Frank couldn't ask for a more laid back lady so if this doesn't work he obviously wants to stay a single bun :(

So much for hoping an elderly pair would be easy :lol:

Vikki wont end up wioth 3 seperate bunnies. If the bonding doesnt work Kylo will come back into foster care, and i will rebond Phoenix and Indi. I spent the night on the sofa rebonding Phoenix and Indi, they seem ok now.

Vikki will be devestated if the 3 dont work out, as i know how much she loves them all. As i said i dont want to ruin the girls bond, which is why i split them all last night. Phoenix was fine with Kylo, there was even grooming etc its just Indi whos the grumpy moo.

Theyve all just had a piece of apple. Im sure they'll be fine with a few days apart. If i do try again, and it doesnt work then i'll leave it there. Sometimes though this way of bonding doesnt work, look at Ronnie and Lola now compared to how they were :?

Thanks for the concern anyway :) xXx

I had this plan, except Snowdrop and Strawberry wouldnt rebond! I have tried everything to get a pair out of my 3 but it just doesnt work.

Sometimes once they have fallen out you cant rebond.

I had this plan, except Snowdrop and Strawberry wouldnt rebond! I have tried everything to get a pair out of my 3 but it just doesnt work.

Sometimes once they have fallen out you cant rebond.

I know that, but Vikki has asked me to bond the 3, so she knows she could potential end up with her girls falling out :? Im only doing what i was asked to do.

Ive had bunnies fall out a week after bonding and they have caused injury,but they were still successfully rebonded,They dont all completely fail:)

I know that, but Vikki has asked me to bond the 3, so she knows she could potential end up with her girls falling out :? Im only doing what i was asked to do.

I know, I am not saying there is anything wrong with what you are doing. I just think that, from the sounds of it, its for the best that you have separated them.

Hey Becky - i'm so sorry its not working, and your poor finger! :cry: We both knew Indi would be the mardy one, but i am quite surprised that she's really that bad! :shock: Kylo has fought before so its not so shocking for him, but its sad that Phoenix is joining in, especially as she seems to like Kylo. :cry:

I trust you, and i know that you know what you're doing. If you think its worth giving it another try then go for it, but if you're worried and dont think it will work then i know thats for the best. I want it to work so that Kylo doesnt have to be rehomed again, as he really is a gorgeous lovely bunny and would love some company, but if thats for the best for all of them then i understand. I hope with Vicky's help it will be better next time

NO MORE BOXING!! :no::no::no::no:

Hey Becky - i'm so sorry its not working, and your poor finger! :cry: We both knew Indi would be the mardy one, but i am quite surprised that she's really that bad! :shock: Kylo has fought before so its not so shocking for him, but its sad that Phoenix is joining in, especially as she seems to like Kylo. :cry:

I trust you, and i know that you know what you're doing. If you think its worth giving it another try then go for it, but if you're worried and dont think it will work then i know thats for the best. I want it to work so that Kylo doesnt have to be rehomed again, as he really is a gorgeous lovely bunny and would love some company, but if thats for the best for all of them then i understand. I hope with Vicky's help it will be better next time

NO MORE BOXING!! :no::no::no::no:

Thank you Vikki :) So glad you've managed to get net access!! :D Im going to leave them this week and will re-try next week when Vicky is free. We'll take them to Vickys as my lounge would be no good now :( Im sure its worth another go, we wont force anything and as Vicky has done more bonding than me, if she feels it isnt going to work then we'll have to leave it at that :( I just dont want any bunneh hurt!

The girls have spent ages begging tonight, we couldnt work out what they were begging for but its the fruit bowl :lol::lol::lol: Ive given them a small slice of apple each :love:

Awww I really hope it works for Vikkis sake - it will be awful for her to have to rehome kylo :cry: though im in the same situation if
Mittens/Charlie doesnt bond!!

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of bonding vibes for next time - come on Indi play nicely!! You could have 2 bunnuhs to snuggle instead of 1 - they just dont understand do they!

Good Luck - GO GO Becky - Ive got my cheerleader Poms Poms out :lol:
(sorry im in a silly mood tonight)

Sorry, they are AWFUL for begging! :oops::oops: At mine they know to sit outside the kitchen door and wait, and if they are good they get given their veggies, but Dad gave them treats every time they looked at him!! :lol::lol::lol: They do love their fruit, even innocent smoothies! :shock: :oops:

Your plan sounds like a good idea, and i am sure between the two of you you will know if its going to work or not. Its so daft because Indi LOVES to be groomed, and i am sure Kylo would oblige as he often licks me. And they'd be such a mischievous duo together too.

Here's hoping, for Kylo's sake more than anything.

Awwwh :love: Ive given the girls a willow ball today, around 6pm, and half of it is gone :lol: They LOVE it!! Kylo has ignored his though, bless him. Ive noticed what you mean about Kylo's eyesight, it is quite poor isnt it :( Dan has really taken to him, he just sits there on Dans lap for ages. The girls have been out for a run round the lounge tonight as theyre in an indoor cage, they were well behaved :)

Me and Vicky are going to try the bonding next week... Phoenix really is showing lots of interest in Kylo, but Indi really isnt bothered... lets hope the swapping of litter trays/blankets help!

It really is lovely to have them all here :love: They are all so sweet. The girls are definately much more friendly than when they went to you! All your hard work/time spent with them has paid off :D xXx

Just a word of warning I would be very careful using the swapping trays/blanket method when a pair is involved, I know a sure way to set my buns off is to introduce another buns smell, I think it can work for single buns but is more likely to upset a pair/group...I know you are probably sick of different opinions :oops:

Glad I read these threads as I've always wanted to add a third bunny to my already bonded pair of bunnies. However - now I DEFINATELY DON'T. I will never entertain the thought again!!!!! Didn't realise that it could effect the bond between my existing pair - not worth the risk!

Sorry the bonding isn't going well but thanks for sharing the experience. Two's company in Benson and Lola world!!! :)

Well, i know you all probably disagree, but today me and Vicky (x-vic-x) tried the buns together and all has been ok. No fighting, nothing. Indi was a bit nervous around Kylo at first but both of the girls have groomed Kylo :) Now we're just waiting for Kylo to groom the girls :lol:

I think the reason it didnt work last Sunday, was because the girls were very stressed from travelling. The whole swapping of litter trays/blankets never caused any problems, plus theyve all been side by side all week.

Been together all day today, theyre now with Vicky as we bonded them at hers. Fingers crossed its all looking good!

Well done Becky and Vicky! :D :thumb: Very brave of you to try again but i know and trust that you know what you are doing. I agree that pairs that suffer from referred aggression can find the swapping stuff method stressful, but my girls have known myself and 2 other friends to smell of a friend's boy bunnies, and kylo lived in their wendyhouse without neutralising it, and all they have ever shown is extreme interest - Indi tends to re-chin me if i smell of other animals! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad Indi has chilled out now - none of them travel well but she is the worst, so i guess it was all too much for her last week. I think getting used to Kylo's smell probably helped her to realise she can chill and that he's not a threat.

Feel free to try the banana-face method for getting them to groom eachother, they all love it! Or innocent smoothies! :oops::oops::oops:

I WANA SEE PICTURES!!! :love::love::love::love:

Hope it continues to go well!! xxx

Back