• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you seen this?

oops I thought that link was going to go to the rabbit I am adopting she is under adult male for some reason and her name is bailey!! :D
Shes gorg what do you think?

She a little fatty even though she is on a special diet of a lettuce and a cucumber a day!!! :D

Have you considered this type of cage? You can buy these panels and build up a cage to whaterver size, height length suits you.

100_1202.jpg

They used to be available from Argos but not anymore, they are on this website though, under wire cube build up system :D

http://www.robertmay.co.uk/

BTW thats not a picture of my cage.

tracyuk said:
buddabun said:
"Just to let you know this is not suitable for an outdoor cage as it has no protection from the elements and is far too small. You may want to rethink the use of the term 'large' when referring to rabbits living here as this is in fact very small for a rabbit cage. More suitable if the rabbit is free range indoors and spends very little time in the cage.

Sorry if this is not my place but I thought I should let you know all the same."

see what they say
Did you send them this message?
Tracy

yes. was it a bad idea? THey haven't replied needless to say)

Just comment on the wood shaving floor in a dog crate ...

when I first got Asta, I wasn't sure how good litter training would be so I use wood shavings. I got a sheet of perspex from Wickes and cut it to make a 3 or 4 inch 'wall' around the inside of the crate, tied on with cable ties. Worked wonderfully at keeping the shavings in.

Woodshavings aren't an ideal bedding for small animals anyway, as they're quite dusty, and also the most common type of wood used realises phenols which can actually cause liver damage. They're rarely used by rat owners these days (especially as rats are prone to respiratory problems) but thankfully are being used less and less for other animals too. I think that this will hopefully encourage petshops and companies to sell/produce more animal friendly litters.
I use Ecopetbed for all my animals, which is shredded cardboard. No dust, works well and no phenols or scent which could be harmful. I also use newspaper (bottom of the puppy pen for bun), and shredded paper (bedding for the rats and hamster, and in the bunny litter tray)

Kim_w said:
She a little fatty even though she is on a special diet of a lettuce and a cucumber a day!!! :D

Lettuce isn't recommended for rabbits, it's not good for their tummies. Spring greens are better with plenty of hay to eat :D

Back