• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have no idea if im doing the right thing but... - more Milo pics post 61

Im so scared that i'll upset Lily or that she wont forgive me.
Milo will never replace her but I miss having the naughtiness in the house

I worried about this too when I got Lilith after we lost Eddie. Lily will be glad that you are giving an amazing life to another bunny though, and love isn't like a pie that you have to slice up to share out - there's no limit on the bunnies you can love

:wave: hope everything goes well with getting milo home today hun, keep us posted and of course pics ;)

lily would be very proud of you today, that you have found the strength to let another bun in need into your life :) xx

oh dear just spoken to hubby and it seems that he's skinny :(

sounds like he's been lucky to be collected.

Hubby also said he isnt that big so maybe not even a giant.

Step one get a look at him myself and I think step 2 get him insured :roll:

This is great news. The right time to get another bun is when the bun comes along and steals your heart. The week my Mittens was pts (bun in my avatar) Jill Honeybunny rescued Starfish and I fell in love with her instantly. If I had worried that it was too soon I would have missed out on getting to know this fabulous girl.

We demand lots of pictures once he is settled, well done for helping him.:wave:

Milo is here :wave:
He's settled in an munching hay, and flopping already!

Such a friendly chap, the guy explained that he's lost weight with different pellets in the past that he's been on but he's a lovely friendly chappie.

He's not skinny like the impression I got but once settled in he'll have a routine trip and I will insure him given the costs that we had with Lily and him being a giant its more likely he will.

Glad Milo is with you and happy. I am picking my new BARC bun Bumble up this afternoon so share your excitement at having a new bun, but it is tinged with sadness as I only have a spare hutch because Peggy and Sue died earlier this year.

I rehomed George quite soon after my bun Justin died. Something about George (another BARC bun) made me want to offer him a home. I felt guilty and thought it may be too soon. If I am honest once I got George home I didn't bond with him straight away. He wasn't Justin and I felt upset and disloyal and wondered if I had made a dreadful mistake.

George had had such a dreadful life before he went to BARC and I so wanted to make him happy. I gradually won his trust and as I did I got to know him and realised what a special bun he is. Now I adore him. I haven't forgotten Justin and I still miss him but George is George and I love him just as much, just differently.

I know it will be the same with Bumble. He will never take the place of Peggy and Sue but he will have his own Bumble space in my heart. Our hearts are wonderful - they can expand and expand with love - and loving a new bun doesn't detract from the love we still hold for our Bridge Buns.

Hope that makes some sort of sense:oops:

Pics Karen :wave:

He sounds lovely. Insurance is definately a good idea. I regret not getting my 5 animals insured. Although I have got 1 of my chinchillas insured last week. The other 4 are too old.

Here are the pics.

He is stunning! He doesnt like using his litter tray and its driving hubby mad!

I have him in about a 5ft square space and he pee's and poo's everywhere.

Last night had him free rein in the front room and he pee'd in the corner.

I cannot rememeber how I litter trained Lily she was so good I think it was natural.

Any ideas greatly received.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/Karen1980_Lily/Milo/

milo is gorgeous hunni :wave:

as for litter training, he isn't neutred yet is he?? that will play a part in it. also if you find him going to toilet in a particular spot, pee wise, put the litter tray there. poops, pick them up and put in the litter tray so it gets the smell and eventually he will get the idea that is where he is meant to go. bella kept peeing on a particular mat, so i cut it up and lined her litter tray with it and put litter over it. it still held the smell and she went in her litter tray from then on. after a week i removed the cut up mat and she's been trained very since :)

milo is gorgeous hunni :wave:

as for litter training, he isn't neutred yet is he?? that will play a part in it. also if you find him going to toilet in a particular spot, pee wise, put the litter tray there. poops, pick them up and put in the litter tray so it gets the smell and eventually he will get the idea that is where he is meant to go. bella kept peeing on a particular mat, so i cut it up and lined her litter tray with it and put litter over it. it still held the smell and she went in her litter tray from then on. after a week i removed the cut up mat and she's been trained very since :)

Yes he has two trays now and whenever I see him pop a poop out I put it in the tray.

Im trying to teach him his name too. :oops:

He's funny though as he pops a poop out I pick them up and put them in his tray and then he licks me as if to say sorry!

Yes he has two trays now and whenever I see him pop a poop out I put it in the tray.

Im trying to teach him his name too. :oops:

He's funny though as he pops a poop out I pick them up and put them in his tray and then he licks me as if to say sorry!

Awww how cute. :love:

Back