• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has the storm come to anyone yet?

Not very nice here, and we're not supposed to get much!

Windy and it's raining loads.

Hope everyone's buns are ok, and I will be thinking of the buns who will be left in their little hutches with no shelter :(

I am in Dorset and we have pretty strong winds. Just had some really heavy rain too.
Not very nice!

One of my rabbits is inside. He was getting so freaked out by the winds, anything that moved by his cage, he would run away and hide in his bedroom area. He was proper freaking out.
He is inside now temporarily and this is his setup:
2dieq6x.jpg

My other rabbit is still pretty chilled-not many things bother her. I just moved her cage to a more sheltered part of the garden.

looks a good space but an outside rabbit will hate being next to a radiator..... and wet clothes drying will not do them any good to be honest ...

We have had really strong wind all day.
We have a boat in our garden stood on its end and it's fallen over and my neighbour has a fence panel down.
We went down to the seafront earlier and it was sooooo rough and the wind pushed me over :lol:
We're right on the south coast so I'm expecting it to get quite bad down here.

Not bunny related because she's a house bun but I'm worried about the horses, they are out in the fields I don't trust the stables to remain standing. I was 7 during the last hurricane and I cried until my dad went out and brought my 2 ponies into the house, I was right the roof blew off xx

Not bunny related because she's a house bun but I'm worried about the horses, they are out in the fields I don't trust the stables to remain standing. I was 7 during the last hurricane and I cried until my dad went out and brought my 2 ponies into the house, I was right the roof blew off xx

My pony is out, she will be much safer out rather than in. Try not to worry xxx

Very still and not raining at all. The rabbits are in my bedroom - moved my bed and chest of drawers out today (phew). They dont have as much space but I can relax. No radiators on.

:oops: I've only recently looked at the weather forecast. They are expecting a big one, but St. Jude seems a bit OTT - the patron saint of lost causes. :shock:

I'd reiterate with winds of 90 mph please don't drive. It's not just fallen trees & debris shattering windscreens etc.
Gusts as you cross junctions, or come out of any shelter can blow you across the road.
Another problem is wind blowing the car door off, if it can get behind it when you open it.
Also please take care if you're walking in it. A gust will make you take a few steps more than expected!

Just spoke to mum who's in Devon (moors not coast). Only heavy rain and a bit of wind there so far. She said it's due to hit between midnight and 5am. Not much going on here in Surrey yet.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thought I may as well post on this thread as well, winds of 76 knots coming from southwest bwn 4-7 am expected at Gatwick Airport xx

My bunnies are moved indoors. And I won't be able to get to work in London until 10-11 as First Capital Connect are not running any trains between midnight and 9am in case there's debris on the tracks. Oh well!

b77959a23f3111e3a6df22000aaa21db_8.jpg

Last edited:
The rain is very heavy here now. It's the wind I'm dreading though. Going to have to stay up I think to make sure the bunnies are ok.

We have heavy rain and the wind is picking up a bit now. The wind is coming strongest beween 12-3am then goes slowly down.

Raining here, nothing special but Welsh news has said both Severn Crossings will be closed from midnight and local councils have reported that they have got sandbags ready and staff on call.

Stay safe everyone :wave:

Rain's been for longer periods but not too bad. Gusts are picking up.
Just noticed a "site entrance" sign swaying alarmingly. Going to try to take it down before it blows into my neighbours window.
Benjie is fast asleep under my bed as usual, but the double glazing keeps the noise out.

Back