• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone successfully ever kept a guinea & bun?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Has anyone ever successfully kept a guinea and a bun before with no bullying?

I know its advised against but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before and its worked out?

Thanks

Plenty of people have, plenty of ill-informed people still do. But someone on here used the following analogy and it explains it really well. If you ran over the road blindfolded and didn't get hit by a car, you wouldn't then say it was a safe thing to do, would you? Although it can be done, the risks are just to great. :)

Plenty of people have, plenty of ill-informed people still do. But someone on here used the following analogy and it explains it really well. If you ran over the road blindfolded and didn't get hit by a car, you wouldn't then say it was a safe thing to do, would you? Although it can be done, the risks are just to great. :)

:shock: Ahhhh well that spells it out loud and clear!! I won't be doing that then.

Thanks

*notes down excellent analogy*

loving this!! :D

Aaaaaah that's a good one! *Tries to remember*

Living together without hurting (or killing..) eachother, without getting sick because of eating the wrong food, is not the same as living together happily and understanding eachother..

Wow

It wasn't mine :oops: will try and find out who it was though, cos it really makes it so clear!

eta: it was Santa:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=246689

OMG!!!!!!!!!! 85 posts that was amazing. I read them all. AND........ I did read and learn unlike someone. I will not be putting a guinea and bun together EVER.

Thanks for pointing me at the thread it was really interesting to learn about the bordtella and that pigs can't communicate with buns etc etc.

Thank you :)

OMG!!!!!!!!!! 85 posts that was amazing. I read them all. AND........ I did read and learn unlike someone. I will not be putting a guinea and bun together EVER.

Thanks for pointing me at the thread it was really interesting to learn about the bordtella and that pigs can't communicate with buns etc etc.

Thank you :)

:thumb: reading and being willing to learn and take on the info is the mark of a very good owner. Good for you! (and your animals).

That's great:thumb: I remember getting really upset by that thread. Have you got a bun or guinea pig?

ETA I don't know why I put a :censored: in my second post. Looks like I am swearing at a bun:(

Cant you edit a post on a locked thread?

Last edited:
:thumb: reading and being willing to learn and take on the info is the mark of a very good owner. Good for you! (and your animals).

Thank you. :oops: Perhaps I am a bit older and wiser than the girl who originally posted the thread. Approaching 40 rather than being on a college course. :oops:

Therefore I do ask for advice and I DO accept the advice and act on it because you all know a lot more than me otherwise I woudn't have asked.

That's great:thumb: I remember getting really upset by that thread. Have you got a bun or guinea pig?

ETA I don't know why I put a :censored: in my second post. Looks like I am swearing at a bun:(

Cant you edit a post on a locked thread?

I am sure you can edit a locked thread if you ask the moderators....

I have a bun and a friend asked if I would take her pig as a companion to my bun. I obviously have decided not to!!

;)

I am sure you can edit a locked thread if you ask the moderators....

I have a bun and a friend asked if I would take her pig as a companion to my bun. I obviously have decided not to!!

;)

Poor guinea pig, I hope she finds a good home for it.

Have you thought about getting your bun a friend? There is one on the in need section that I want but cant have:(

Here she is http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250007 She would look :love: with Alfie Sniffles:D

Poor guinea pig, I hope she finds a good home for it.

Have you thought about getting your bun a friend? There is one on the in need section that I want but cant have:(

Here she is http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250007 She would look :love: with Alfie Sniffles:D

She is a good friend of mine, so I will make sure she does the right thing.

Alfie will definitely get a wife. He is getting a bit lonely. I rescued him in September as 3 mth old. He is having the snip next week. Then we will start on the wife hunt.

OMG I have just gone to the url for Marley. She is gorgeous I love her :love:

My problem is that I want to send Alfie away to be bonded so that I can neutralise everthing whilst he is away. Doubt I could get him to Nottingham. Also, what if he didn't like her. :cry:

Am so new to this so don't want to make a mistake. But I do love Marley and if you can think of a way it might work let me know and I will get in touch with the rescue. :D

Just this minute she has been reserved:lol: Murphy's Law! I am sure there is another bun on there, one nearer. I also want this little girl http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248426 They also help with bonding.

If you put a new thread up in rabbit chat stating where you are someone will be able to point you in the direction of a rescue that will do bonding too, and is near to you.

Good luck with the neuter.

Just this minute she has been reserved:lol: Murphy's Law! I am sure there is another bun on there, one nearer. I also want this little girl http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248426 They also help with bonding.

If you put a new thread up in rabbit chat stating where you are someone will be able to point you in the direction of a rescue that will do bonding too, and is near to you.

Good luck with the neuter.

:cry: darn.

Rhubarb is gorgeous too. I will go on the chat section and ask of some rescues near me. Thanks for that tip. :)

I want this one, she's called Buttercup... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245320
alas she is reserved too. :(

Aaaaaah that's a good one! *Tries to remember*

Living together without hurting (or killing..) eachother, without getting sick because of eating the wrong food, is not the same as living together happily and understanding eachother..

Precisely, there isn't really a benefit for either party-it would be like sharing a cupboard with someone who spoke no english. The company is there kind of but that's it. Ours pigs play out on the patio with the buns and the one pig loves our bun joe to the extent of following him everywhere and grooming him. However joe doesn't enjoy guinea pig washes as the have a different technique to a bun. Our other bun crackers lover watching the pigs in their pen-when they come in for bonfire night. He'd sit for hours watching them but if he had to put up with them all the time I know he'd find them irritating! I'd advise supervised play in a large neutral area, and only with neutered buns. Even then some buns will still get nippy so I wouldn't risk it unless they're used to eachother. Most of ours grew up around pigs, they share the same shed but the pigs are upstairs :) and then there are the bacteria that pigs can catch from buns-bortedella I think it's called. It can make pigs very poorly. All things aside I wouldn't let them share feed, bowls, water, concentrated toilet areas because of hygiene. :)

Back