• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey's RCVS complaint

I know it's instinct for these people to cover their backsides but where's the integrity? ALL the cases of complaints I've come across the vet in question has blatantly lied and altered evidence.

I also considered making a complaint regarding Theo but knew I wouldn't win as it was trivial compared to the other cases I've read on here. I would have pursued it for 'nuisance value' only other matters made it more complicated so I gave up. It really is infuriating that this system is the best we have got.:(

I know so many of you followed our story about my amazing little bunny harvey, well today it's been made official that the RCVS don't believe the vet did anything wrong when consulting my little boy! Apart from braking both his little legs!!!!!

To say the least, I am absolutely fuming.. I am appealing and looking to get this raised even higher even if I have to pay out of my own pocket!

obviously I know too well this is a public forum so if anyone has any suggestions to help, please feel free to PM now. However I just want to thank everyone who supported me through this horrible ordeal, my little man had to suffer all due to a stupid and in experienced vet!! (Life is just so cruel!)

Having heard about other cases I'm not shocked they've come to that conclusion, I'm very angry on your behalf though. I wish you luck with your mission, especially now knowing the poor lad was destined for a short life, he really shouldn't have had the extra burdens to deal with that he did.

Harvey was very, very special and he deserves justice. Hugs to you as it must be like losing him all over again.

I'm so very very sorry Ruth :cry:

You have been through so much, and are still going through stuff. Justice for Harvey would have helped ...

Sending loads of ((( hugs ))) for you xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say. Sounds like they are covering each other's backs. Good luck with appeal. Whatever the outcome, it doesn't take away the fact that Harvey was one special and very brave little bunny xxxxx

I haven't been around much and having read this I was totally shocked to hear you have lost Harvey. I went back to see what happened and I am in tears after reading your thread. He was an amazing bunny and having been through a massive trauma with a bunny myself I know how attached you get to them and how having to be optimistic on their behalf is massively scarey.
I am sorry that his body was unable to give you and Honey more time with him, but his spirit definitely lives on and I sincerely hope you get him the justice he deserves. Best of luck RuthyJones.

I am fuming on your behalf! I can't believe such incompetence is being thrown under the rug (I don't even know if this is the right expression?!) I hope your appeal works, keep us updated!

Im so sorry to hear this.

I have struggled too with my complaint.Its very difficult.

I hope you get some better results very soon.

Humans fare no better with hospital complaints my cousin has been fighting for compensation for over six years now,when she was left in agony for years after a gall bladder op.scans etc later revealed they had left two clamps inside her!

Back