• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey's RCVS complaint

Thanks so much everyone, well we're back!

his left eye has no ulcer present, which is great but it does contain scar tissue which is positive & shows up when staining his eyes, vet says this is okay at the moment, but he's got to go back in 3 days for another check and hopefully the eye drops will continue to help.

With his right eye, my poor little man again has positive scar tissue and another ulcer which is no where near where the old one was! :( I did mention Harvey has been rubbing his eyes more recently so he thinks he may of done this by scratching it! :(

So basically he's got to finish his course of anti-biotic eye drops and have his anti-imflamotary eye drops extended for another 2 weeks, but in the meantime if he continues to rub it then he can have some metacam too!

Although he can't be feeling that bad as the little tinker has chewed through my lamp cable! So again fingers and toes are crossed and just hope he starts having some good luck xxx

Thanks so much everyone, well we're back!

his left eye has no ulcer present, which is great but it does contain scar tissue which is positive & shows up when staining his eyes, vet says this is okay at the moment, but he's got to go back in 3 days for another check and hopefully the eye drops will continue to help.

With his right eye, my poor little man again has positive scar tissue and another ulcer which is no where near where the old one was! :( I did mention Harvey has been rubbing his eyes more recently so he thinks he may of done this by scratching it! :(

So basically he's got to finish his course of anti-biotic eye drops and have his anti-imflamotary eye drops extended for another 2 weeks, but in the meantime if he continues to rub it then he can have some metacam too!

Although he can't be feeling that bad as the little tinker has chewed through my lamp cable! So again fingers and toes are crossed and just hope he starts having some good luck xxx

Yes, I believe it's way over due that you and your rabbits have a lovely long run of good luck :love:

Glad the vet wasn't too traumatic for Harvey and that things are progressing in the right direction x

Oh Super Harvey, do stop making your mum worry so! Amy sends noserubs.

Good to know you're getting somewhere with your complaint- it is so vile and horrendous not only that this happened, but that they denied it. They have a lot to answer for.

Hi guys, hope you don't mind.. But just wanted to show some piccies of the little man;

His poor right eye with dye to show his ulcer! :(

What a chilled out chap he is :love: I really hope his eye ulcers resolve ASAP. He is something of a legend after all he has been through xx

Hi guys, hope you don't mind.. But just wanted to show some piccies of the little man;

His poor right eye with dye to show his ulcer! :(

Oh his poor little eye (( bless ))

He looks super duper comfortable on that hard fireplace surround :lol:

What a lucky boy. He couldn't be in better hands :wave:

Aww thank you, bless him.. I am biased but he's my little angel and has me twisted round his little paw. From looking at me when he's done a pile of poop, wait of me to move it and then he'll flop over where I've removed it from to when I'm drying my hair, he'll sit next it me and wait until I blow dry him too. :love:

I know the fireplace really shocks me, but both of them love nothing more than lying fully out on it! It's got to be their favourite place! :)

Thank you, I'm really really hoping they go.. More than anything I just want him med free and him happy! :) xxxx

He looks so comfortable & relaxed in his home, so precious and innocent :love:

Hope his little eye starts to improve soon. Even though he's on meds he still looks ever so happy to me :)

Aww he does look happy and relaxed, and enjoying his mummy cuddle! :lol: He does look really well considering everything he's been through as well as his poor eyes. You're clearly doing an amazing job looking after him! x

Aww thank you so much guys, and especially thanks scrappy's little helper - that means alot!! :)

I know I probably do spoil them far to much, but exactly I can't help it and he is an angel with his meds.. Sits still and even rests his head on my leg! :)

Well just to show he isn't just a lazy devil, he has at least an hour play time outside in the garden every day in 30 min slots! :)

And not forgetting him & his little sister.. Lol!

Last edited:
What a beautiful rabbit Harvey is. So glad he is on the mend. Hope his eye improves and that you get a good result re; the vet/broken legs ...

Harvey the superbun! Loved seeing new pics of the wee man and he has grown so much since he hurt his little legs. Hope his eye gets better but he looks so happy and chilled even with the ulcer. He is lucky to have such a great mum.

Those photos of Harvey really great Ruth :wave: Really heartwarming to see the way he's come along.
Hope he continues to make progress, eyes and everything.
You're doing a great job - what a fab bunny Mom! :thumb:

Aww thank you so much guys, and especially thanks scrappy's little helper - that means alot!! :)

I know I probably do spoil them far to much, but exactly I can't help it and he is an angel with his meds.. Sits still and even rests his head on my leg! :)

Well just to show he isn't just a lazy devil, he has at least an hour play time outside in the garden every day in 30 min slots! :)

And not forgetting him & his little sister.. Lol!

It is wonderful to see them both looking so happy !! :love: Harvey has made such a fantastic recovery !!

I've probably already said this buy Harvey and Honey are just absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad they are both doing so well :) Good luck with the bonding (I think you posted another thread about that?) :)

Hi everyone, thanks so so much for your lovely comments! - they really do mean a lot! :)

We are so thrilled with him & couldn't be prouder. He really has been such a brave little man! Even we are amazed with how well he has recovered & it's great to see his cheeky personality back! :love:

After all the amazing support & advice everyone has given me, I owe you so much & the least I can do is keep you all updated on how he's doing! But I'm sorry if you get fed up of all the posting.

His check up yesterday went well.. After taking more pictures and comparing in 3 days, his ulcer has shrunk a little which is brilliant but we have noticed he is rubbing it from time to time so got to keep a close eye on him & take him back next Monday for another Florine test to check again. Even the vets are so happy with his legs and are with me that we need to do whatever we can to get rid of this horrible & stubborn ulcer!

So fingers crossed and I'll keep you updated xxx

Back