• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey, my perfect little man *lots of pics and writing*

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I really did not expect to be writing this now or anytime soon :( my healthy, happy boy suddenly took a turn for the worse last night, it seems he must have had a seizure, because after not recovering fully from his episode still he had another episode and then in the car on the way to the vets he fitted and passed away in my arms. We’re in so much shock because he was so well, we are devastated and miss our perfect boy so much already :( I’ve taken a while to write this, but here is a tribute to him, a little story of his life tragically cut short :(

In my 2nd year of uni, during the easter holidays I was at home, very unwell and feeling sorry for myself. Mum took me to see the baby animals at the local garden centre to cheer me up. I headed to see the rabbits, lots in for easter, lots of 8 week olds in groups and pairs, then one agouti lop who was 20 weeks old. He was chilling, completely unphased in the busy store and I felt so sorry for him being alone and in there for 12 weeks with no interest. The staff came over and opened the enclosure, he got up and was so brave and friendly, he let us pick him up and cuddle him, he was so chilled. Then and there I decided to get a hutch and take him home. That’s where it all started…

I got him neutered the next day and vowed that after I’d finished uni, he’d get a friend. The first day home he already showed his amazing nature, I laid in the run with him and he came and tucked his head under my hand, I wasn’t sure what he wanted but rubbed his little head and he melted into a big puddle of sleepy, contented bunny. He started purring too! This is when I learned bunnies love there heads being rubbed and that they can also purr! He started licking me back with a week :love:

I haven’t got many photos of him as a youngster. He lived outdoors in a hutch that was way too small :( but he came indoors regularly and formed a good bond with me and seemed happy. Here is the cutie on my bed:

When he came in he’d pester me constantly for head rubs, he’d run off with my work, or try with my phone to make me focus on him! He also regularly used to fall asleep on my work!

I’d had him a year when I played a sound clip of a honking rabbit with him in the room, he froze and looked around, then he ran frantically looking for the noise, he was so excited. I knew it was time to find a friend. I wanted to rescue as by then I’d begun to realise the rabbit situation in rescue, but my housing was pitifully small, I was enlarging it in six months after having moved twice and knowing I’d be settled then, but Harvey couldn’t wait that long. So I looked on gumtree and found a little girl being given away free, I was worried she’d be taken as snake food because of that so contacted the lady and she agreed to let me take Harvey for a date! They got on wonderfully!

The only other interest was from a breeder so the lady let me have Lilly. I kept them separate for 5 days whilst letting them “date” for a couple of hours a day in the bathroom, here’s Lilly cuddling him (literally, look at her paw around him!) on one of their dates and some others of them:

Lilly and him were close from day one, always together, always grooming each other. They looked to each other for comfort and reassurance and as a result of Harvey’s brave, cheerful and confident personality Lilly came out of her shell. We then moved to Coventry and eventually they got their aviary! They loved the extra space and their digging pot especially, for sleeping and digging!

Looking proud of his digging efforts:

Then they moved indoors where they have been very happy :) and I learnt that Harvey would do anything for attention, I could beckon him over and he’d sprint to me excited at the offer of a head rub, he’d nudge me for attention, I wasn’t allowed to give Lilly fusses without him jealously interrupting! I love having them inside, it’s so lovely to see them cuddled up and how much the adore each other, they are naughty of course and have destroyed one three piece and the carpet, as well as the foam flooring I put down to protect the carpet!

I left them with a herb plant for the day, this is what I came back to! Doesn’t Harvey look guilty!

Christmas last year:

These are photos of my amazing little boy from only 4 weeks ago. He was always this chilled, if he was snoozing I could come lay next to him and he generally wouldn’t bother getting up, just move his nose closer to my hand or lips! He happily let me lay my head on him and cuddle up like this, he was my perfect little boy :love:

Finally, here are some photos of Harvey doing what he did best over his short life, being cute!

Smushy faced Harvey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chCXfeX78aQ
Harvey stealing my food!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXbFev-VSW0
Harvey’s log roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEstwgehT7Y
A binky from a young Harvey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx_BcAe9HHQ

I love you Harvey, you were the perfect little man with the squishiest most smushiest face ever, you went too early but at least you were happy. I promise I’ll look after your Lilly for you. xxxxxxxx

:love: Harvey was gorgeous - you're lucky you have some really great photos of him. I'm so sorry he's gone.

RIP Harvey.

:cry:... He was a very cuddly boy indeed, he was gorgeous!:love:

Binky Free precious..xxxxxx

A beautiful tribute to a gorgeous bunny :cry: I'm so sorry.

Binky free at the bridge Harvey xx

Sending hugs xx

A beautiful tribute - Harvey was a very lucky bunny.

I'm so sorry you've had to say goodbye :cry:

Sleep well precious boy xxx

What a lovely tribute and beautiful photos, so sorry for you loss :(

Binky free forever at the Bridge little one xxxx

Thinking of you xx

Bless you Both!!!

My thoughts are with you...and Harvey and Lily.
It's crazy that there are those who think that people who love their animals are soft when it is they that are the one's who are lacking in spirit, as we all know it takes a lot of strength ,love ,passion ,time and dedication to earn and share the love that creates the animal/human bond , and it is an honour. Big respect to you and Harvey and to Lily...it's so clear that you gave him a wonderful life, better than he would have had with any other. Thankyou for your story.
Bless you so. Be well. Lots of love to Lily. XXXXX

Beautiful tribute and lovely photos, what a handsome man he was, sending lots of hugs to you at this sad time, binky free handsome harvey xxxx

What a heartbreakingly beautiful tribute. :cry: Sending you my condolences and lots of hugs. He was an amazing bunny. I'm sure he's watching over you and Lilly from the Rainbow.
Taken far too soon. Farewell and sweet dreams, Harvey. xxxxxx

All loses are hard to bare, but some defy all words to adequately describe the devastation felt :cry:

Live on in the hearts and minds of all those who love you Harvey

Binky Free xx

Oh no, what a shock for you. He was a beautiful boy. Binky free Harvey and gentle head rubs for lily xx

Back