• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

had to order timothy and rye

Slightly off topic Babsie... But have you ever bought hay locally?

No, I haven't. Well, I did years ago and my rabbits ended up with mites! (The place closed down.) I have wondered whether to try Park Farm in Oakley but, as mine get on so well with the T&R, I haven't pursued. I sometimes get a large bag of meadow hay from Scat's in Winchester as a top-up. Don't think I could cope with tryng to transport a bale of loose hay. :wave:

I get my hay either from a farm down near me, or from B and J Dance on the A33 to Reading. They usually have lovely meadow hay bales there and have a bale wrapper on site so no hay gets in the car :thumb:

They also have some abolsultely gorgeous superfine piggy hay there, it's really the best hay I've ever seen and the piggies absolutely adore it (rabbits prefer stalkier)

got my next bag and it's fine :D it smells strong like the other one, but the other one had a strong stale smell to it, this one smells strong but fresh. :thumb:

i wonder if something happened with the other one on the way here because now i know it definitely didn't smell right. :?

buns are super happy now. :love::love::love:

bit annoyed because i ordered it last week, and was hoping it would come today or tomorrow, but instead i got an email basically saying they don't think it's a good idea to send it because i might not be happy with it basically. said the other one was checked before sending and shouldn't have smelled stale. but it really did :( hate being made out to be over the top and a liar. :(

they were polite on the email and said the could sent ings or meadow instead, but i ordered a small bag of timothy and rye to try again and then if it wasn't right i was just going to throw it and not order for a while. i wasn't even going to ask for a replacement or refund because i didn't want them to feel like i was taking the mick, but i think they think so anyway. :(

they also said they haven't had any other people email about it but some of you on here have said you have been sent replacement bags when yours wasn't right so i know i'm not the only one.

was really hoping it would come soon aswell because bisc and matt aren't too happy because they're just on soft hay at the moment, and now i know it hasn't even been sent yet so will be even longer to wait now. :(

it's just made me feel a bit like :( i know a stale smell when i smell it. have bought this hay for years now and have only ever had two timothy and ryes i think that haven't smelled as they normally do.

That's a shame :(

To be honest, I've never been happy with that company, and I've found their customer service to be quite poor. I'm far happier sticking with farm bales. Did you find any?

That's a shame :(

To be honest, I've never been happy with that company, and I've found their customer service to be quite poor. I'm far happier sticking with farm bales. Did you find any?

not yet. i emailed one place who didn't reply. and i have a list of phone numbers for o/h to ring when he gets a min (or half hour! ;))

i know there are some at a place people use on here, but they don't deliver. i am going to ask my youngest brother if he would go and collect one for me, but i feel cheeky asking really. :?

hopefully i will find some to try. :wave:

Finally took a picture! This is the Timothy and Rye :) 9.5kg bag. It looks lovely and smells nice too :) although I got a bit confused because both bags were only bagged once, it's usually twice. So I don't know if they've changed now.

null_zps4a6ff349.jpg

null_zps69a15d26.jpg

I've just ordered my first bag of T&R :wave: I usually get Ings, but asked for a sample of T&R last time and they liked it, so I've ordered one of each this time. I swear, I'm sure I must be Hay For Pets best customer! I buy about 6 large bags a month :shock: no wonder I don't have any money left at the end of the month! :shock: BTW their customer service has always been amazing for me, they go above and beyond the call of duty, I can't fault them one bit :wave:

Finally took a picture! This is the Timothy and Rye :) 9.5kg bag. It looks lovely and smells nice too :) although I got a bit confused because both bags were only bagged once, it's usually twice. So I don't know if they've changed now.

null_zps4a6ff349.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/alyysha1/Lalala/null_zps69a15d26.jpg[/

Oh it does lol

[IMG]http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm340/wendle_photos/e83cdd5d9f73d53f3924b03335c8a18a.jpg

Last edited:
my timothy and rye looks the same as those pics :wave:

i got the dreamy pet products timothy and belgium ryegrass hay today and i didn't think they would eat it - it's medium strands and yellow brown colour - but they are all eating it. not going mad for it but they like it. it sets my chest off really badly though. :roll: but it's not as dusty as i thought it would be. it would be much better if the strands were longer but overall it's not too bad.

bisc and matt have been having hay4pets timothy and rye for ages and ages and ages, but this new batch they aren't as keen on as normal. :( they are eating it and when it first arrived they were really happy, but they're not going as mad for it as normal.

they have been mostly eating the deans farm meadow hay out of the hays i have here at the moment, which is unusual for them as they normally prefer timothy hay. but they really like the deans farm one, especially bisc.

Back