• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gracie has Bloat U/D Post 70 - Fully recovered! Thank you!!

Vet is just doing her rounds of the in patients, I'm awaiting a call back.

She had a comfortable night, has passed some droppings and has eaten a small amount of something for herself. She's still bloated, however we are having progress, no where near out of the woods yet, but we're working on it.

Thank you so much everyone, I'll update you all once I've spoken to the vet when she rings. I haven't gone to work today.

I didn't say yesterday, but the vet initially suggested PTS and I couldn't, she thought Gracie was really that bad, and I know it may be conceded cruel for me opting otherwise, I wanted to give her that chance, because she's already been through so much. I wanted her to know how much we love her and I want her, giving my everything that she pulls through, I want her to have the best life, as she more than deserves it.

Come on Gracie Goose, please little darling :(

Hi everyone,

Have spoken to the vet. Gracie has been a naughty bunny and eaten through her drip. The vet said she is no longer in critical condition, has nommed, some hay, passed some poops, but is still bloated. She's very alert and bright eyed and was extremely feisty this morning.

They are taking her off the drip now...well Gracie took herself off it :lol:, but continuingg with syringe feeding, pain relief etc. She will have to stay in a further 24 hours, but me and Jay will be visiting her tonight :D.

I'm ringing again about 2.30pm for a further update.

Please keep the vibes coming, they're working! Thank you so so much! :love::love::love::love:

Come on Gracie!

SDC18184.jpg

Last edited:
Sending mega Vibes for Gracie xxxx

Our Rosie had severe bloat in December and they had to operate on her straight away as she was so full of gas, it took a lot of aftercare and worry but she is ok now and doing well.

I've only just seen this and I am so glad to hear that Gracie is improving.

Sending loads of vibes for your beautiful girlie. xxx

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was feeling really down, so selfishly avoided all potentially bad news, but this is looking really positive. Keep nomming gorgeous girl.

p.s. Those ears. LOVE. That is all.:love:

Thank you so much everyone.

I've just phoned. She's off the drip now and is no longer confined to a kennel. They're giving her run of the ward at current.:lol: Me thinks some nurses may be falling in love with my big girl!:love:

She's alert and again still bloated, however she is less discomforted and the bloat has reduced slightly. Her poos are present, still minimal but still there and not the best formed, but they're passing.

She's eaten hay. Treatment will continue and until things are back to normal with gut movement and noms she's staying there. I have everything crossed and I think Lola is looking after her and willing her through, for not only me but Mak too.

I'm going to ring again in 2 hours or so. Your support is overwhelming, thank you so much.

xxx

Lola wants her mummy and bunny sister to be happy now :love: she's helping Gracie get better :love::love: so pleased the news just gets better! I haven't seen this thread until now so I'm sorry I didn't post sooner! xxxx

Well, just spoke to a lovely nurse. Gracie is very naughty..and infact bit through four drips this morning. :oops:

She's pooing much more and eating for her self. The bloat has gone down since last night and she's running around the ward like a naughty bunster! :shock:

She's still again not out of the woods, but coming on leaps and bounds, I am beyond happy, I am simply ecstatic.

Thank you everyone, please keep your vibes and well wishes coming :) xxx

Well, just spoke to a lovely nurse. Gracie is very naughty..and infact bit through four drips this morning. :oops:

She's pooing much more and eating for her self. The bloat has gone down since last night and she's running around the ward like a naughty bunster! :shock:

She's still again not out of the woods, but coming on leaps and bounds, I am beyond happy, I am simply ecstatic.

Thank you everyone, please keep your vibes and well wishes coming :) xxx

Silly bunny, that can't be good for her poorly tummy! Do you think maybe she could have eaten something she shouldn't have at home?:no:

Silly bunny, that can't be good for her poorly tummy! Do you think maybe she could have eaten something she shouldn't have at home?:no:

I have absolutely no clue, I've checked and there's no sign of anything she could have nommed - no carpet/mat/cardboard munched. :? It's a mystery to me at the moment. Right now though it's looking up, hopefully we'll work out whats happened soon! xx

Back