• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gorgeous boy - u/d all clear - Yay!

Thanks guys! I've told him he has quite a fan club and he chinned everything in excitement! He is such a friendly lad he will make a very special bunster for someone once he is well enough :D

I have fallen in LOVE!!!!!!!

When will he be ready for rehoming? Lola would LOVE HIM!!!! :love::love:

He will be ready for rehoming once his eye is healed up and we're sure he is completely well :D

He is such a cutie :love:

I hope that the op goes well - sending lots of love and vibes his way...

I'm sure he wont be waiting long for a home :)

Just a quick update - on Tuesday Gustav's eye was very weepy and I was relieved he was booked in for wednesday. The op went fine but when I picked him up from the vets Katie told me that although they'd been very gentle the eye had ruptured when they tried to manouvre it so we caught it just in time!

The little man is doing really well, thank you to everyone who was thinking of him; he's been happily chomping away on his pellets and veg ever since the op so hoping for a speedy recovery for him :D

the eye had ruptured when they tried to manouvre it so we caught it just in time!

not very good with eyeball tales yuck!!!! Glad he is Ok though. Rosie's says :wave: and is sending a sexy ;) & hope's he's feeling better soon. She loves a man with an eye patch.

Gustav continues to do well and happily tucked into his veg last night. I've never had to deal with a bunny having his eye out before and I thought it would be a bit squeamish but to be honest it's not that bad. For anyone who's interested this is what his eye looks like now here's a couple of photos; it's odd but the shape of it looks like the eye is still there, but the vet did say this would happen due to some swelling and it would go down. She has used non-disolvable stitches so she can have more say over when they come out as she monitors his progress. He does usually comb his hair so that the quiff falls down to the side and pretty much covers his eye but let me move it for the photos :love:

CIMG0583.jpg

CIMG0584.jpg

So glad to hear that Gustav is doing well. Sending him lots of healing vibes and love for a speedy recovery :love::love::love:

What a little trooper

ooh that looks sore. I guess that as his eye ruptured they have to be extra careful to make sure there is no infection inside it so that's why they used the non dissolvable. Poor little mite. Glad he's feeling ok though.

AWW poor little baby. So glad hes doing well. Never mind Gustav you still look gorgeous & your fur will grow back Lots of healing vibes being sent your way :love:

Awh, glad he's doing well after his op. It won't be long before the fluff grows back over his eye and he'll just look like he's snoozin' when you see him from that side. (I have to check Barney's eye side to see what's he's doing when he's just sitting there.:lol:)

Well done bunny!

he'll just look like he's snoozin' when you see him from that side. (I have to check Barney's eye side to see what's he's doing when he's just sitting there.:lol:)

Awwwww :love:

Well Gustav's eye is doing really well but he is a sick bunny this am. He has eaten his veg but not his pellets and his poop is very soft and he is covered around his backend this am. I've cleaned him up as best I can and am going to get some time out of work to run him into the vets as his guts are also being very noisy and gurgly.

Please be thinking of him today, he's a little trooper but think it might be getting to him a bit :(

Back